Sponsored

Light weight battery.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Thanks for posting about this brand, which is way cheaper than antigravity. I just bought the next size up cca and will have it by the end of the week.
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Could you elaborate?

It was a lightweight lithium battery he bought off of Amazon. I believe a battery tender? Lasted about 1.5months before it split a seam. He seems to think it was caused by a colder than normal morning, but it was late October, not really too cold. Could have been a defective battery for all we know, he didn't try another one.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I went the other way and put a 6 pound heavier battery in.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
So the larger WPS battery was a fail. The mounting area for the terminals isn’t like the picture and is too recessed to mount Sae terminals. Returned it, bit the bullet and ordered the new Antigravity Re-Start Atx-20. Well worth every dollar spent and it will never leave you stranded.
D2F01BAE-27C5-4AE2-B59C-F38B21643EC4.jpeg

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
So the larger WPS battery was a fail. The mounting area for the terminals isn’t like the picture and is too recessed to mount Sae terminals. Returned it, bit the bullet and ordered the new Antigravity Re-Start Atx-20. Well worth every dollar spent and it will never leave you stranded.
Nice!

How will you mount it?

Have a link? Need to get automotive terminals too, right?

Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I went that route with my Corvette and to be honest, it didn't work very well. I upgraded my alternator and then it got better, but the battery did not have enough AH to run everything when I had the AC and high beams on.

I retired from a car battery company, so we had a lab full of competitive product that I could use and in the end I ended up with an OPTIMA 35 in the Corvette, but it won't fit in the Mustang, so I put an Odyssey PC1200. Not the best for weigh, but my cars are drivers, not race cars, so a few pounds doesn't matter.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
These are their new line of Lithium Ion Re-Start batteries and it’s been working flawlessly so far. I’ll update if anything changes

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
These are their new line of Lithium Ion Re-Start batteries and it’s been working flawlessly so far. I’ll update if anything changes
Back from the dead, what's your opinion on how its been doing for the last year?

Jackthewack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mt82 magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on the battery?

Sponsored

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
I have DEKA ETX-18 no issues. 2018 A10 loaded. 100 dollars only!!! Aprox 14lbs less.

PCho222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
A bit late but I didn't see anyone else respond. I've been using my AntiGravity H5/Group 47 40Ah for the last year after my OEM battery went and it has been great. I decided to go for the 40Ah vs something smaller just in case I need to start in a really cold day or something. It is really expensive and I honestly don't think anyone is missing anything over a regular high quality AGM battery unless you just have money to blow or really need those extra ~15lbs saved. I do admit it is very lightweight and it fit into the battery tray just fine.

Last edited:

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Great thread revival. Timely, I remarked in another thread about lightweight batteries and within minutes this also gets a response. I'm looking for price and long lasting while saving some weight in a spot on the car where it really needs it badly.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does anyone make a light weight battery in a full size case to mount in the factory battery box?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Does anyone make a light weight battery in a full size case to mount in the factory battery box?
Antigravity Batteries does, if you're willing to spend the $.
Sponsored