Sponsored

Interior Rattle - Dash - Passenger Side?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
One of the few advantages of getting older and having some associated hearing loss - my cars all sound drum-tight and rattle-free. :shrug:
:lol: Looks like at 51 i’m still not old enough cuz i hear every damn noises there is around me !;) Drives my wife crazy . :)
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It's the plastic bezel that covers the dash gauges. Put your hand on it next time and you'll see if I'm right. I pulled mine off, massaged the clips and reinstalled and have not had a problem since.
I’m going to try this.

Rusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Rattle in GT350

I had a rattle the other day in my car. Turns out it was the seat belt fastener rattling against the hard plastic just behind the door. I had had a passenger in the car and when they exited, the seat belt did not retract fully.

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
I stuck a bunch of thin sticky-backed felt onto pretty much all of the places where the brushed gray trim meets the panels underneath. Next to every clip the panel touches the dash itself and along the edges it touches other panels... The brushed gray panel pulls off fairly easily, but you have to open the glove box and remove the short triangular brushed gray trim piece.

No more rattles from the dash after that work.
Thanks for this. I’ll try this afternoon. Everything in that area seems to shake above 6k rpm. I tried going around the area with a frequency generator but it seems to be actual vibration, not resonance.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Hey gang... so this is super annoying to me, I have an intermittent interior rattle and I can't quite figure out where it's coming from.

Passenger side, even on smooth road, from the glovebox area I think I get a light "tick tick tick tick tick" sound going down the road. [no this isn't the 1,800 - 2,500 RPM noise all our cars have]

Sometimes this rattle isn't there, other times it goes from a light tick to a louder plastic "tapping".

Anyone had to isolate an interior rattle similar to this? Any help is appreciated!

It's a real buzz kill every time I drive the car and hear this.

I go from "where the hell is that coming from?" to "Jesus, this thing cost $65K and I've got unidentified rattles, my $40K Boss 302 didn't do this" to "the build quality on the new car pisses me off so bad I'd rather just look at it than drive it and be pissed"
Mine did this as well. It sounded like it was coming from the passenger side, almost sounded like something on the passenger door panel. Now there's another rattling. I couldn't figure out where until I just let it coast down my neighborhood and it sounded like the cup holders. I just messed w/ it a bit and now it's gone.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Thankfully, my car is pretty tight (knocks on wood). But I had an occasional intermittent rattle that sounded like it was coming from around the passenger side of the dash. I only heard it when going over rough pavement.

Turned out to be the glove box. Problem was solved by storing my owners documentation kit in the glove box, rather than in the upper glove box compartment. All it needed was some weight in glove box to keep the rattle away.

DfwCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche GT350
I have this insanely annoying rattle coming from what seems like the passenger speaker buzzing. I've dicked around with all of the panels, glovebox, gauge bezels (including the HUD) and it only seems to do it in sport mode. I'm about to just unplug the speaker to see if it's gone bad.

Anyone else experience this?

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I had a buzzy panel in my trunk with the exhaust in sport mode, but it was clearly behind me when seated in the driver's seat. No experience with a rattle in the doors.
Sponsored