Sponsored

C pillar rattle help needed. It's driving me insane

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Anybody know how to fix the right corner rear rattle. I took the c pillar cover off and when I started tapping around I noticed that this location makes this noise which I can hear when driving down the road. Does anybody know how to fix this rattle or if this is not the right spot to look at? I like the video of me tapping the sound I'm hearing.

Sponsored

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Shove some felt in there and see if it helps?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have been dealing with B and C pillar rattles for a long time now. It took me months to get rid of the driver side C pillar rattle I had, lots of foam and seeing if it stops. I actually gutted out the entire back of the car looking for anything that would cause rattling.....

One piece to look at is the plastic that is holding up the side airbags as it can easily move and hit metal. Right now I have a B pillar rattle on the drivers side that won’t go away.

OP
OP

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
I have been dealing with B and C pillar rattles for a long time now. It took me months to get rid of the driver side C pillar rattle I had, lots of foam and seeing if it stops. I actually gutted out the entire back of the car looking for anything that would cause rattling.....

One piece to look at is the plastic that is holding up the side airbags as it can easily move and hit metal. Right now I have a B pillar rattle on the drivers side that won’t go away.
Thank you for your advice. Did your c pillar rattle sound like this and were you able to fix it with adding foam? Or should I check the b pillar cover? Is it hard to remove, I'm afraid because of the airbag?

Sponsored

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
Hey guys, new member here. Proud owner of a 2019 GT, Velocity blue. I had the C-Pillar rattle shortly after delivery of my vehicle. I did not want to bring my car back to the dealership just yet (and lose a day or two of driving) so being *somewhat* handy, I did some sleuthing, found the source of the rattle, and fixed it. Posting here in case this helps anyone else. This is super easy, like 1 out of 5 wrenches. ;)

Short video here: youtu.be/XmqcKfnoUBs

Screenshot 2019-07-29 11.54.40.png

Last edited: