Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I don't know about that. Press release does mention iOS application but that is secondary to the fact that it runs through AppLink-

Notably, a Ford spokesperson tells us that Ford is the first OEM to integrate Waze, and Ford is the first to integrate Waze for iOS for in-vehicle use.
Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I don't know about that. Press release does mention iOS application but that is secondary to the fact that it runs through AppLink-

Notably, a Ford spokesperson tells us that Ford is the first OEM to integrate Waze, and Ford is the first to integrate Waze for iOS for in-vehicle use.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ed-traffic-and-navigation-app-to-ford-v.html#

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/26/ford-adds-waze-to-its-sync-3-applink-for-ios-users/

If you read the press release and that article, the Waze official only mentioned iOS. Waze has been available for Android users and Sync since 2017. I don't know why Waze would make the Android app available via Applink when it's already integrated through Android Auto. I actually prefer running Waze through Android Auto compared to my iPhone because it makes the iPhone unusable since app always has to be running in the foreground.

Last edited:

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato

Anyone seen this? Do you just disable "carplay"?

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Anyone seen this? Do you just disable "carplay"?
I had trouble getting Waze to work when I first picked up my car from the dealership last week. Waze works fine now all the time on my iPhone. All you have to do is disable Carplay in the Sync 3 settings, make sure mobile apps are turned on in the Sync settings, and Waze will show up under Apps once you connect your iPhone via USB.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
I always do a factory reset before and after installing new Sync versions. Today I decided to turn carplay off on my radio unit and plug my iPhone X in. Waze appeared on my unit and I had to accept and say yes to a few prompts. I opened Waze on my phone and the unit was displaying Waze. I did no further testing besides seeing if the app would appear on my unit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
I had trouble getting Waze to work when I first picked up my car from the dealership last week. Waze works fine now all the time on my iPhone. All you have to do is disable Carplay in the Sync 3 settings, make sure mobile apps are turned on in the Sync settings, and Waze will show up under Apps once you connect your iPhone via USB.
Got it to work. Thanks!

rpitsing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Prem Convertable PP EcoBoost 201A
Can’t use an iPhone bifold case that enables sleep mode, nor multitask with any other app while using Waze. CarPlay must be disabled on Sync.

Sticking to CarPlay until they get some bugs worked out.

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Can’t use an iPhone bifold case that enables sleep mode, nor multitask with any other app while using Waze. CarPlay must be disabled on Sync.

Sticking to CarPlay until they get some bugs worked out.
So it will be avalible on carplay as a better version? This one is rarther slow

rpitsing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Prem Convertable PP EcoBoost 201A
Waze will never be on CarPlay -but we can dream!!
Apple won’t allow competition to their Maps - would love to see Apple add interaction so we can can report police, hazards, accidents. While I’m dreaming, add weather overlay option, in route gas stations by type of gas, restaurants, ...
W
Waze just seems like version .1 with iPhone & Sync 3. Haven’t tried Android & Sync 3.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
there was a minor update to waze today on android.. nothing much happening

Sponsored

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got Waze to work. I was only able to get it to work from a master reset of sync 3. I did NOT have the Waze app open. I plugged the phone in. A menu came up that asked what my preferred nav app was and I selected Waze. After that I opened the app on the phone and it started to work.

Also it is not that great because IF you close the app to say text or do anything else it stops functioning. It will display app in background. So until you are back in the app it will not display.

As far as unplugging and plugging back in I have no issue. You jus plug back in and it will come back in MY experience.

I have 3.0 18025 and 3.2 and it works same

For those having difficulty I would suggest the master reset and immediately pugging in and DISABLE CarPlay. It should work after that

Hi Jesse Welcome Back...Missed you :cheers:

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
heads-up owner.ford.com has gotten a facelift
7777.PNG

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
For those on iPhones how does Waze look compared to the native nav system?

On Android Auto Google Maps and Waze look a bit low resolution in comparison. I find it harder to see and read the street names.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
For those on iPhones how does Waze look compared to the native nav system?

On Android Auto Google Maps and Waze look a bit low resolution in comparison. I find it harder to see and read the street names.
IMHO I would suggest waiting on using the Waze via AppLink:
1.) You must leave your phone screen turned on and open to the Waze app
2.) Waze map does not take up entire screen
3). Map seems to be slow and sluggish when selecting destinations

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
To anyone who updated to an earlier / unofficial 3.0 build and Sync just tells them they're already up to date, despite having an earlier build number, I got around it this way:

Open 'autoinstall.lst' and remove the item and open entries for HB5T-14G386-AHH (Item3) (or whichever the 8mb archive is; that's the one doing the version check, I think it contains the bootloader).

Number all the following packages appropriately (so item 4 becomes item 3).
This allowed me to install the update, as every Sync 3 2.2 package I found trying to 'downgrade' failed to install.

I've had zero issues since doing this, though I used 18015 downloaded from Ford based on my VIN, but I imagine 18025 will work the same way.

UK 18015 NAV build with original and fixed autoinstall.lst here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gRZyIhTBabQa8Y-1u8ClYPoxSZ_wiCib (if you don't want NA gracenotes / voice)

Thank You!
Sponsored