Guns or Guitars?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Fender Made in Mexico Strat's are nice. I got one that upgraded with EMG Active KH-20 pickguard. Also rocking a Dean MLX that is a shredder. Go for the guitar.
Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I cannot play any musical instruments whatsoever so I cannot partake in any of those discussions. I can however shoot the nuts off of a gnat at 100 meters so, I will give you this:
I have an IWI Tavor X95 and I absolutely recommend it. Lots of mods are available for it through Midwest Industries, IWI, and a few others. While it isn't the most accurate rifle on the market, it is very useful as a close in defensive rifle. I am not a fan of pistol caliber rifles or the like. Why use those when you can use something effective? Pair the rifle with a legit red dot (Aimpoint, Trijicon, etc.), a good weapon light, a good sling, and some XM 193.

It's a very reliable sealed system. The weight is close into your body so holding it one handed while opening a door or carrying something isn't a problem. Recoil impulse is practically non-existent. Follow-up shops are super quick.

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I found a sweet compromise. I ended up dropping half on a new Ruger LCR so there is something "wife friendly" in the house, and an AR Chambered in 7.62. I nicknamed it "Collusion."
That leaves the $500 for that guitar, which I got a chance to play, and it's a great player. I'll scrounge around Craigslist for an amp I like and I'll be set.

As for recording an album, that will never happen. I've never wanted to make my own music, I've always been more a fan of playing covers. I played bars, parties, and small venues up until my mid-20's and was never in it for a paycheck. (mainly because I'm not talented enough of a player to warrant chasing a dollar from it.)

As for shooting, I have lots of land, and shoot right out behind my house quite regularly. I host Concealed Carry/Safety Courses there when the weather is right.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
$1500 should get you something like a les paul studio ($800 ish) a lead and a small practice amp small peavy combo or perhaps a small marshal ($3-400). may well get an orange combo if you like that more vintage sound rather than heavy.

That leaves $300-400 to do something fun with.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Well, I found a sweet compromise. I ended up dropping half on a new Ruger LCR so there is something "wife friendly" in the house, and an AR Chambered in 7.62. I nicknamed it "Collusion."
That leaves the $500 for that guitar, which I got a chance to play, and it's a great player. I'll scrounge around Craigslist for an amp I like and I'll be set.

As for recording an album, that will never happen. I've never wanted to make my own music, I've always been more a fan of playing covers. I played bars, parties, and small venues up until my mid-20's and was never in it for a paycheck. (mainly because I'm not talented enough of a player to warrant chasing a dollar from it.)

As for shooting, I have lots of land, and shoot right out behind my house quite regularly. I host Concealed Carry/Safety Courses there when the weather is right.
Looks like you got to have your cake and eat it too! Good on you man. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I like guns and guitars. Also have a saltwater tank though too lol.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Don’t know where you live, but I can’t just go out into the backyard and fire off a few rounds. Gotta make plans and go to the range. The guitar however, that I can pick up whenever I feel the need. Big advantage for me.

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My budget ended up being more than I expected, so this weekend I went out and bought a NOS LTD EC-1000 Deluxe in Transparent Blue- I am a happy camper.

(I also bought extra mags, BUIS, and a bunch of ammo while I was out.)

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
For an amp, get a Line 6. It'll give you the majority of tones you are looking for at a reasonable price. If you are just looking to practice at home to start you can find a Line 6 Spyder for under $100....

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
For an amp, get a Line 6. It'll give you the majority of tones you are looking for at a reasonable price. If you are just looking to practice at home to start you can find a Line 6 Spyder for under $100....

Step ahead of ya, I picked up a Spider V 120 and the FBV 3 while I was there.