2018 GT Roush CAI

chunter415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2019 F150
Just noticed that Roush has released its cold air intake for the 2018 GT and ecoboost. They list that no tune is required and it will increase performance, but don’t list what. Install looks like a normal CAI, except for the slight cutting of the engine cover for the box to fit. Wondering if anyone has heard anything on performance.

It’s great that we are starting to get more options for CAI, I know JLT already has theirs (tune required) and Steeda is working on theirs.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2018-Mustang-V8-Cold-Air-Kit.html#prettyPhoto
Sponsored

OP
OP
chunter415

chunter415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2019 F150
Stick with the stocker. No tune required = no power. Period.
I agree except I have seen sometimes that a new housing will increase airflow, thus producing a small increase. Though given Roush’s premium price and no tune, I doubt it produces much more than a few HP at best. It’ll be fun to see what other companies come out with and how they all compare with and without tunes.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree except I have seen sometimes that a new housing will increase airflow, thus producing a small increase. Though given Roush’s premium price and no tune, I doubt it produces much more than a few HP at best. It’ll be fun to see what other companies come out with and how they all compare with and without tunes.
For an increase that is easily wiped out by dyno variance? No. Spend the money on a BMR cradle lockout so you actually apply the power you already have. CAI's on the new Coyote have been proven to be useless so far. Let the tuners figure it out first but if you wanna dive nose first it's your money.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Keep your Factory Cold Air Intake and spend your money on a UPR Oil Catch Can.Just saying
PM Sent

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Keep your Factory Cold Air Intake and spend your money on a UPR Oil Catch Can.Just saying
PM Sent
DI motor intake valves get filthy enough as is. Catch can is pretty much a must. I thoroughly enjoyed watching people scrub their MS3 valves with walnut compound. It's inevitable with direct injection.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
DI motor intake valves get filthy enough as is. Catch can is pretty much a must. I thoroughly enjoyed watching people scrub their MS3 valves with walnut compound. It's inevitable with direct injection.
Except for when the DI is used in conjunction with PI, as it is in the '18 5.0. ;)

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Gen 3 Coyote is dual injected. It'll be fine.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I still think a good quality oil catch can that really works is a good part to install on the 2018 Ford Mustang.UPR makes a Plug n Play Unit that is a quality product ,but pricey.JMO
Sponsored