Cracked Magnaflow x-pipe

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I vaguely remember seeing something about this on here but can't find it now.

Well mine is cracked and it has been for a long time. I have been chasing this exhaust leak for awhile now and always contributed it to my v-band clamps.

Well it wasn't. Kind of disappointed after spending $1300.00.

I have the resources to fix it myself but wanted others to know if they had an exhaust leak. This is the CJPP Magnaflow off road with quad tips.

20180314_184601.jpg

20180314_184539.jpg
Sponsored

FrancoP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2017 SRT Challenger
I had my ford racing X pipe crack as well

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I had my ford racing X pipe crack as well
When you use Chinesium metal this is what happens.

That crap is paper thin and reflects badly on MF's manufacturing decisions.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Doesn't Magnaflow offer a lifetime warranty on stuff like this?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Doesn't Magnaflow offer a lifetime warranty on stuff like this?
From their website:

The manufacturer warrants that all Magnaflow Performance products are free from defects. Most of our mufflers* are warranted against blowouts and defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle on which it was originally installed. The warranty is void if the muffler is not installed properly on the vehicle for which it is designed.

This warranty does not apply to any muffler which has been installed on any commercial or racing vehicle or which has been improperly installed, altered, or subjected to misuse or damage from accidents. Also, cost of labor and any additional parts required to complete installation of a replacement muffler are not covered by this warranty.
The warranty certificate, along with proof of purchase, MUST be presented to the service outlet from which you originally purchased the muffler, or any participating dealer, when making a claim for replacement. The original muffler must also be returned and exchanged for a new muffler of the same part number.
No other warranty, expressed or implied (including merchantability), applies to the mufflers, nor is any person or the manufacturer authorized to assume any other warranty. The manufacturer does not assume any responsibility for any consequential damages occasioned by the muffler, or inconvenience or interruption in any operation.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
At the very least, it warrants a call from OP to the company he bought the system from, as well as to Magnaflow.

JR

Sponsored

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
From their website:

At the very least, it warrants a call from OP to the company he bought the system from, as well as to Magnaflow.

JR
I fixed it myself. I own a welder so it was quick to remedy.

I tagged MF if they want to weigh in. My frustration comes with the amount of time to find it.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Magnadouche FTW!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Bad Quality needs to be posted! Let us know if they respond back. They sell a lot of Mustang parts to fellow readers. Dealers are quick to advertise on this site...we should be able to do the same if bad quality is not resolved to the member's satisfaction.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Manga flow quality way overrated. Also their systems are pricey. Go with AWE, Corsa, Krona etc.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Bad Quality needs to be posted! Let us know if they respond back. They sell a lot of Mustang parts to fellow readers. Dealers are quick to advertise on this site...we should be able to do the same if bad quality is not resolved to the member's satisfaction.

Thanks

CVCashmere
They haven't said a word and they are tagged. ;)

Sponsored

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
my ford racing xpipe cracked - peeled it off and took it to my body shop. Welded it back up and slapped it back on.

Chineseium, lol

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Guess i'll be crawling under mine here soon.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Well mine is cracked and it has been for a long time. I have been chasing this exhaust leak for awhile now and always contributed it to my v-band clamps.

Well it wasn't. Kind of disappointed after spending $1300.00.

I have the resources to fix it myself but wanted others to know if they had an exhaust leak. This is the CJPP Magnaflow off road with quad tips.
Hi Z06, we regret to hear about the issue with your X-pipe. We do offer a limited lifetime warranty on all Magnaflow products that covers them against any defects.

We try to frequent the forums as much as possible, but cannot always answer every question, so we would recommend contacting our customer service team in the future for the quickest assistance with any warranty questions. They can be reached anytime during the week from 7am-5pm PST at 1-800-990-0905.

Thank you again for choosing Magnaflow, and please let us know if there's anything we can assist you with in the future.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Hi Z06, we regret to hear about the issue with your X-pipe. We do offer a limited lifetime warranty on all Magnaflow products that covers them against any defects.

We try to frequent the forums as much as possible, but cannot always answer every question, so we would recommend contacting our customer service team in the future for the quickest assistance with any warranty questions. They can be reached anytime during the week from 7am-5pm PST at 1-800-990-0905.

Thank you again for choosing Magnaflow, and please let us know if there's anything we can assist you with in the future.
Understand. So I had to weld some more this weekend. Basically it is catastrophically failing.

What are my options? Is MF just going to send me a another Chinesium replacement?

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
MF is overpriced Chinese made junk. It's the name you are paying for. My Krona US made catback quality is excellent!

Why would anyone pay the price for MF when so many other US quality exhausts are out there?
Sponsored