Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I need the psychic ability of telling when a person is spacing out...everyone in Long island seems to have ESPN or something. It must be the Ice Tea y'all have there.
ESPN? :lol: That's true distracted driving.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
its pretty simple, when they dont move, theyre spacing out. probably texting.

i text while in motion, but not at a stoplight. need to be ready to block the lane cutters. :)

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
its pretty simple, when they dont move, theyre spacing out. probably texting.

i text while in motion, but not at a stoplight. need to be ready to block the lane cutters. :)
Now I think I have confirmed the :crazy:of the internet

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys trolling or serious?
You TRULY don't use turn signal ON PURPOSE??

I commuted on a sport bike, back and forth to a good size city for more than several years. I had two get offs. Neither were my fault, but fault really doesn't matter on a motorcycle. People tell police officers "I didn't see him. He came out of nowhere."

Both accidents I had footage from my camera on the bike. Both times the drivers at fault changed their story once the responding officer viewed the footage. One woman even told the officer how I was"Driving way too fast and riding dangerously." My camera had GPS and displayed speed as well. Wrong again.

BOTH time the drivers that caused the accidents did not use their turn signals.

No offense, but if you guys are serious, I hope you never drive in VA. It's drivers like you that end up killing someone. I don't care how fast you drive - as long as you're under control. But not using your turn signals on purpose?

I've driven in Atlanta, Dallas, Orlando, NY and a ton of other large places. NY and NJ had the worse drivers I have ever personally experienced - other than Panama. It's the reason insurance is so expensive there and the reasons some states won't even insure drivers there.

Hell, I remember being in a town somewhere in NJ where you could NOT make a left at a light. They had 'special' right turn lanes that looped around so you could go straight across the intersection instead of turning left.

I asked a cop about it at a rest stop. With a totally straight face, he looked at me and said "Haven't you noticed that most people here can't drive worth a shit?"

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
What you guys are missing is that we said we do use our turn signals when people are around and they have a need to know what we're doing. Just like everyone else. What prompted the long drawn out issue is when there was no traffic around the OP and someone stated that he should use his turn signal. If I need to change lanes and there are cars in that lane and I need them to allow me to get in, I use the turn signal. But, if I passed a car and they are now a 1/2 mile back, I'll change lanes without using my signal. As I stated before, and people don't seem to be listening, I use my turn signal when people need to know my intentions. But some here think that I'm being inconsiderate because sometimes, I guess, people around me don't need to know that I want to cut them off take their place in the lane. When there are cars around me, in the lane that I need, or sitting at a side street waiting for me to pass by or turn, I use my signal so they know my intentions. That's it.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
What you guys are missing is that we said we do use our turn signals when people are around and they have a need to know what we're doing. Just like everyone else. What prompted the long drawn out issue is when there was no traffic around the OP and someone stated that he should use his turn signal. If I need to change lanes and there are cars in that lane and I need them to allow me to get in, I use the turn signal. But, if I passed a car and they are now a 1/2 mile back, I'll change lanes without using my signal. As I stated before, and people don't seem to be listening, I use my turn signal when people need to know my intentions. But some here think that I'm being inconsiderate because sometimes, I guess, people around me don't need to know that I want to cut them off take their place in the lane. When there are cars around me, in the lane that I need, or sitting at a side street waiting for me to pass by or turn, I use my signal so they know my intentions. That's it.
And what we’re saying is, you deciding when you think WE need to know is total bullshit and complete ignorance. It’s ignorance like that that gets people killed.

The solution is easy, stop being so GD lazy.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Haha, not gonna happen. You can drive by the book all you want. We'll use our turn signals when there's actually someone that needs to know, not someone that's already a half mile behind us and moving slower than we are.

This argument is over, start posting dash cam vids instead.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Haha, not gonna happen. You can drive by the book all you want. We'll use our turn signals when there's actually someone that needs to know, not someone that's already a half mile behind us and moving slower than we are.

This argument is over, start posting dash cam vids instead.
Arrogance at it's finest here folks.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Arrogance at it's finest here folks.
He believes he's not at fault but when it happens to him he gets all fussy and says it's the other person's fault.

:cheers:

:clap2:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
you're really special if you think i was "fussing" about people not signaling. i don't rely on people signaling to let me know what theyre doing. that's why i didn't get sideswiped by that van.

in case you missed this one, this bicyclist didn't signal either.... i did not "fuss" about his absence of signaling me his intent to enter my lane.

[ame]

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
you're really special if you think i was "fussing" about people not signaling. i don't rely on people signaling to let me know what theyre doing. that's why i didn't get sideswiped by that van.

in case you missed this one, this bicyclist didn't signal either.... i did not "fuss" about his absence of signaling me his intent to enter my lane.

No, but other people rely on you using your turn signal....especially 16 year-olds who don't fully understand defensive driving are just gaining experience.

Again, your a completely selfish driver.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
No, but other people rely on you using your turn signal....especially 16 year-olds who don't fully understand defensive driving are just gaining experience.

Again, your a completely selfish driver.

I can't say anything about the selfish part, because that is true, and not just with driving. It's "you're" btw.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
That guy's a jerk and he sucks. Was he expecting for you and the oncoming/opposing lane Tahoe to stop for him?
Sponsored