Sponsored

Thunder hill east lap times??

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Hey guys curious to know some thunder hill east lap times with or withought bypass, I’ll start.

17 mustang get 6 speed base
Stock tires
Stock suspension
Second time out
Bypass 2.19
Sponsored

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I've been there for two track days but I never recorded my times :)

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I had tried out a few spring combinations with koni shocks and the ride was too rough. I didn't want to mess around with buying other cheap shocks so I just got the best shocks I could afford. The JRZ Pros gave me the adjustability that I needed for practically any spring rates I put on the car. The shocks definitely added a level of refinement to the ride. If the setup is right, the JRZs inspire A LOT of confidence to take fast corners because you know bumps or imperfections are not going to upset the chassis.

I'm a beginner-level driver so I am aware that I'm probably not pushing the coils to their limit on track. But it is fun to have the adjustment there and to know the shocks have the capability for whatever use cases.

I'm really happy with them. I'll probably get these on my next car if they are available.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Nice, I been looking at the Steeda shock spring and sway bar kit myself, any experience with those? I know the jazz are about 3k and up a lil to much right now for me

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Nice, I been looking at the Steeda shock spring and sway bar kit myself, any experience with those? I know the jazz are about 3k and up a lil to much right now for me
I know others have had success with the Steeda shock package. I believe the Steeda shocks are made by Koni, but are valved differently. Other than that I can't really comment on the impressions.

From a hardware perspective:
I think the Steeda stuff is twin tube and rebound adjustable only while compression is fixed. In most cases, monotube is better than twin tube but a well designed twin tube can outperform a poorly designed monotube. And if the valving is set correctly well most users won't need the additional compression adjustment.

From my experience and from listening to more experienced drivers, I would prioritize the shock/spring package before getting stiffer swaybars. Perhaps you can get the PP swaybars if you don't already.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Interesting info, I’ll have to check on it, how much was ur setup if u don’t mind me asking

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Interesting info, I’ll have to check on it, how much was ur setup if u don’t mind me asking
The coils were some sort of test-fit kit from a shop, but they were just over $4k all in. I think they are $4700 normally.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Ouch lol I bet those are nice, for that price I would look into the online that just came out but yea that’s quite bit of dough. Man it must be nice around the track though, my car is the base get so anything would be better than what I have now, am hoping I can do an under 215 this year. Are u going this year

Sponsored

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Ouch lol I bet those are nice, for that price I would look into the online that just came out but yea that’s quite bit of dough. Man it must be nice around the track though, my car is the base get so anything would be better than what I have now, am hoping I can do an under 215 this year. Are u going this year
I have no plans on going to Thunderhill again this year. I've moved about 1500 miles away :)