Sponsored

PP2...........starting to appear at dealerships

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Dont consider any mustang for the track without diff and transmission coolers. If the PP1 or 2 does not have them, Ford is fucking up again.

Per the post above its 10K difference I am comparing a 2016 track not a 2018.

That gets you oil/tranny/diff coolers, a better tranny, 50hp, and more aluminum bits, areo, and a car with a warranty

YMMV on which one you perfer the looks of.

Id lean to the GT350 because it to me looks much better.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I doubt that they have the additional coolers. If Ford felt the first run of non-track pack GT350's didn't need them, then I doubt they believe that a GT will need them.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
The "deals" on the 2018s are why I could never buy a 50K GT. Im guessing with in a year you would be at 25K in value.
A 2018 Premium with magneride, PP1 and pretty much every feature worth $25k in a year? I don't think so.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
A 2018 Premium with magneride, PP1 and pretty much every feature worth $25k in a year? I don't think so.
People are saying why get a Used GT350 if you can get a GT PP1 and save the money for mods.

Why get a GT Premium PP1 if you can get a Used GT and save the money for mods?

Same logic. Options generally do not translate into value

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People are saying why get a Used GT350 if you can get a GT PP1 and save the money for mods.

Why get a GT Premium PP1 if you can get a Used GT and save the money for mods?

Same logic. Options generally do not translate into value
You brought up a $50k GT. That's what you get for $50k. Premium, 401a interior, MR, PP1, active exhaust. That's just shy of $50k MSRP.

EDIT- sorry, that wasn't you it was someone else.

To answer your question though, I don't really want to have to tear everything apart and rebuild a car and end up spending close to same amount and have a car that still isn't worth any more.
A $50k GT is still going to be worth a lot more than $25k in a year.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
See my edit.

I am not missing your point, I just disagree with you.
The average consumer will not know a 50K mustang from the 35K one. Ford option packages are confusing as shit. So it will just be someone looking at a mustang wondering why it costs so much more then the one next to it.

I could be wrong but and I often am.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The average consumer will not know a 50K mustang from the 35K one. Ford option packages are confusing as shit. So it will just be someone looking at a mustang wondering why it costs so much more then the one next to it.

I could be wrong but and I often am.
Maybe so, but I’d argue that the average consumer isn’t the target audience of a loaded GT.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The average consumer is not buying a Mustang GT. Maybe a Mustang Ecoboost.

I would venture to say most people buying a Mustang GT are enthusiasts.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I don't really care about "worth". If I did, I wouldn't get an American car at all.

Anything I buy I plan to daily drive until it's no longer able to be driven. All that matters to me is do I look at it every day and smile and do I smile when I drive it.

When my mach1 was totalled was my first thought "Wow, glad I got a mach1 instead of a GT so I can get more back!" HELL NO. it was " Oh dear god my car! what happened to my car! Not my car!" I didnt give 2 shit just how much I got back for it, all I cared about was that the car I loved so much was gone. THAT is more important to me than resale.

That's partly why I kind of feel like I relate to the Bullitt owner. He doesn't care about the money, he loves the car. It runs, and it makes him smile. I'd be happy to be driving out a rusted out GT years from now as long as it still makes me smile.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I don't really care about "worth". If I did, I wouldn't get an American car at all.

Anything I buy I plan to daily drive until it's no longer able to be driven. All that matters to me is do I look at it every day and smile and do I smile when I drive it.

When my mach1 was totalled was my first thought "Wow, glad I got a mach1 instead of a GT so I can get more back!" HELL NO. it was " Oh dear god my car! what happened to my car! Not my car!" I didnt give 2 shit just how much I got back for it, all I cared about was that the car I loved so much was gone. THAT is more important to me than resale.

That's partly why I kind of feel like I relate to the Bullitt owner. He doesn't care about the money, he loves the car. It runs, and it makes him smile. I'd be happy to be driving out a rusted out GT years from now as long as it still makes me smile.
Funny I got the impression you spent a lot of time trying to convince GT350 owners there cars were not worth it. :lol:

My apologies if I mistake you for someone else

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The average consumer is not buying a Mustang GT. Maybe a Mustang Ecoboost.

I would venture to say most people buying a Mustang GT are enthusiasts.
No one buys a mustang as a practical choice in my opinion. When you go to sell your mustang in a year I was meerly saying it will be competing with lower trimmed GTs making a 50k one an outlier. I personally do not care about value but Id like to trade in to be more then the amount I owe.

Its kinda like how they say you should not own the most expensive house on a block.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
No one buys a mustang as a practical choice in my opinion. When you go to sell your mustang in a year I was meerly saying it will be competing with lower trimmed GTs making a 50k one an outlier. I personally do not care about value but Id like to trade in to be more then the amount I owe.

Its kinda like how they say you should not own the most expensive house on a block.
Having bought and sold lots of cars I disagree a little here. Most buyers of enthusiast cars (used or new) are well aware of options and packages and I don't think someone looking for a GT Premium with PP2 would expect it to be priced close to a GT Fastback stripper and they likely would not even be looking for that car.

If someone wants leather and PP2 they likely are not going to settle for a base GT car.

If you are trading in and a dealer thinks your GT Premium with PP2 is worth the same as a base GT then you just find another dealer. Many Ford dealers near me will take KBB trade-in offers and KBB will definitely account for trim differences.

But its a mass produced car so likely the more you spend the bigger the depreciation hit. So I would fully expect a $45-50K Mustang to have a bigger depreciation hit than a $32-38K one.
Most cars are not an investment.
Sponsored