Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Try engineering cars in the auto industry for a while. It may humble your preconceived notions of what's possible, feasible and achievable.

Agree, you start realizing a lot of things afterwards. Since I'm working in that environment I'm not happy about any car :( and my expectations are always lower than before.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Interesting... I thought we were all done with the 2018. Will we see it in the MY19 order banks in a couple months?
I wouldn’t count on this. I know [MENTION=33371]Farruko[/MENTION] seems to be getting some good info, but I go by what’s happening at the plant, and while there was some belief the GT350 might continue through 19, that idea seems to be drifting away.

Plus are we all the sudden going to ignore that the 5.2 FPC is no where to be seen from a VIN perspective

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Try engineering cars in the auto industry for a while. It may humble your preconceived notions of what's possible, feasible and achievable.
This is true of many jobs. And there is no shortage of people who think they know better than the experts. It's one of my pet peeves and yet I still fall prey to that way of thinking at times.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
The media was told at the press conference 18 was the last year of the 350.
I wouldn’t count on this. I know [MENTION=33371]Farruko[/MENTION] seems to be getting some good info, but I go by what’s happening at the plant, and while there was some belief the GT350 might continue through 19, that idea seems to be drifting away.

Plus are we all the sudden going to ignore that the 5.2 FPC is no where to be seen from a VIN perspective
We’ll see... but my prediction is a 2019MY GT350 arriving a few months earlier than the GT500. Maybe it’s a mid cycle action for the GT350 so it can co-exist with the GT500 for a couple of years or maybe just minimal changes (let’s say an additional trim/package) for it to live one more year.

Let’s see what the future have to us.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
We’ll see... but my prediction is a 2019MY GT350 arriving a few months earlier than the GT500. Maybe it’s a mid cycle action for the GT350 so it can co-exist with the GT500 for a couple of years or maybe just minimal changes (let’s say an additional trim/package) for it to live one more year.

Maybe some of the mules we’ve seen are an additional package for the 350 and not the 500. I don’t see them co-existing, but an additional trim package seems interesting. However, the lack of a FPC VIN would imply a different motor...maybe that’s the package. Still get the GT3350 but not the FPC?

But, there’s nothing going on at the plant that would indicate that. Maybe its a surprise?

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT

Maybe there is a limited run for both 2019 GT350 (a limited last year edition maybe?) and 2019 GT500 (with also a limited run for this MY since its a little delayed)

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Maybe some of the mules we’ve seen are an additional package for the 350 and not the 500. I don’t see them co-existing, but an additional trim package seems interesting. However, the lack of a FPC VIN would imply a different motor...maybe that’s the package. Still get the GT3350 but not the FPC?

But, there’s nothing going on at the plant that would indicate that. Maybe its a surprise?
Both GT350 and GT500 will arrive a little later than the regular Non-FP during the MY, something like a 2019 1/2 or 2019 3/4 Model Year, during the calendar year.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Both GT350 and GT500 will arrive a little later than the regular Non-FP during the MY, something like a 2019 1/2 or 2019 3/4 Model Year, during the calendar year.
So you’re saying there’s no way we will see a 500 this year?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase