JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...that says it keeps the backup camera working. Does the MGW shifter cause you to lose backup camera functionality, or is this the equivalent of claiming a steak is gluten free?
the backup camera works just as stock with the MGW shifter.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Same here...many other things vibrate in this car, but not the MGW
Same here, plenty of rattles and vibrations everywhere else, but not that. I did have vibrations and rattles from the collar issue on the stock shifter though.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a gt with the barton shifter in it last week. not even close to the MGW.
crude in comparison.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
While I do not have a aftermarket shifter I am quiet happy with the stock shifter.
If I was in the market for a shifter though I would choose the MGW since it is extremely well designed and MGW offers great support! My only issue with MGW is that I like the stock reverse lockout and not the push down feature of the MGW thats why I never purchased it.

The barton like what others have said seems to be a more robust billet stock shifter with a different pivot point and shorter handle similar to the ford performance drop in unit. I think it will be somewhat stiff to shift especially when the temps are cold and trans fluid is cold.

I am sure its a improvement but I would be very concerned about vibrations and buzzing with this unit. But who knows it may be a awesome unit as well hopefully someone gives it a try.
More robust than?... a stock shifter, yes, but the MGW?... heck no.

I personally have an MGW and was probably the first, or one of the very first R’s to have it installed. I have had zero issues with it. What would temp me to try a Barton?... nothing.

To each his own, though, and there may be some Barton lovers that will rank in file this shifter but personally, after having seen the product from MGW in the build up stages, watched the continued perfection of George to get it right and answer/attend to customer gripes and adjust his product based on their info, I’m sold on MGW period.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Had an MGW in my boss, will be doing the same in the GT350 at some point. Never would consider anything else.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
More robust than?... a stock shifter, yes, but the MGW?... heck no.

I personally have an MGW and was probably the first, or one of the very first R’s to have it installed. I have had zero issues with it. What would temp me to try a Barton?... nothing.

To each his own, though, and there may be some Barton lovers that will rank in file this shifter but personally, after having seen the product from MGW in the build up stages, watched the continued perfection of George to get it right and answer/attend to customer gripes and adjust his product based on their info, I’m sold on MGW period.
I think you misunderstood what I said the Barton is probably more robust than the stock shifter NOT THE MGW!:cheers:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Resurrect old thread. Can anyone review BARTON GT350 SHIFTER. Seems like good option too.
https://bartonshifters.com/shop/ols...Z_OwTl5Vsd51ehu-Swsu3unZ7lusx0&olsFocus=false
Bro, to be honest, it looks like a slightly modified stock unit. That being said, why waste the time worrying whether something just a stock with a little more metal is better than an MGW which totally revamped, reworked, has tons of reviews and only cost a little more butter.

IMHO, I’d stay stock before going Barton... just my $0.04.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Bro, to be honest, it looks like a slightly modified stock unit. That being said, why waste the time worrying whether something just a stock with a little more metal is better than an MGW which totally revamped, reworked, has tons of reviews and only cost a little more butter.

Yeah, $100 more for MGW but it seems that MGW is better option. I prob end up with MGW anyway. Waiting for my buddy to install and see how it performs. Just want to research all options before making desission.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby

definitely agree with you !