Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I've noticed that too. The increase in torque is awesome. My has mileage still sucks on E85 but it has gotten better as well.

Drove the car to work and I found myself short-shifting at 2,000 or slightly above rpm on the 1-2 shift a few times and the engine never complained. I'd never do that on the GT mani.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You know, I'm still on the same tank of gas and wouldn't make judgement until after several tanks but I thought the same thing as well regarding the mileage and I even thought "Hey this'll pay for itself in fuel savings at some point."

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
did you reset your PCM? I reloaded my tune and it made an even bigger difference. This tells me that a tune revision may be a benefit.

You know, I'm still on the same tank of gas and wouldn't make judgement until after several tanks but I thought the same thing as well regarding the mileage and I even thought "Hey this'll pay for itself in fuel savings at some point."

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
did you reset your PCM? I reloaded my tune and it made an even bigger difference. This tells me that a tune revision may be a benefit.
No as the negative battery terminal being off for the 4-hr install would've reset it anyways right. Although I will say the initial first drive felt stronger than it does now so not sure if I'm getting used to it or what.

I have contemplated making the 4 hr drive down to Livernois Motorsports for some custom dyno tuning though. :D

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
This is not my dyno graph, but the below graph was in the '18 GT manifold swap thread. This is from a GEN II NA Coyote intake swap comparison.

See that torque number? CRIKEY!!

Now someone please tell all of us here why the F-150 manifold isn't the best option for a street-driven 2015-2017 GT.

2015_GT_vs_GT350_vs_2018_GT_vs_2018_F150_peak_TQ.jpg

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
This is not my dyno graph, but the below graph was in the '18 GT manifold swap thread. This is from a GEN II NA Coyote intake swap comparison.

See that torque number? CRIKEY!!

Now someone please tell all of us here why the F-150 manifold isn't the best option for a street-driven 2015-2017 GT.

2015_GT_vs_GT350_vs_2018_GT_vs_2018_F150_peak_TQ.jpg
the naysayers are the one's that never tried it. They saw the intake as a (I don't know how to properly say the term but CHEAP) abomination if putting on a GT. I enjoyed the intake on my car for the 4 months it was on. But I finally got a change to do WOT run on the '18 intake to 7800 rpm's and that's where it shines. The f150 is perfect for street drive cars, I averaged 22-23 mpg's per gallon with it. Now I am in the 20-21 range. Completely different setup though (tune & injectors). I always got the strangest looks/questions when I told others that the car had the f150 intake on it. P33ps can be really biased.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
That torque number says it all and I can confirm that my F-150 intake pulls to 7k on my Flex tune. Too many people are hung up on reving these motors to the moon like it's a Honda. Peak numbers dont mean shit unless it's on a Dyno or you are trying to squeeze evey ounce of HP out of a setup. I don't know about anyone else but I don't drive my car around on my 7200 rpm redline.

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I finally was able to get a 2018+ intake!!! It may take some time for the prices to come down and get closer to what a used one sells for on ebay for a 2015-2017.

but so far things look promising. I plan to do a dyno comparison (@ some point) to see if there are any real gains, but i like the idea so far! This could be the hidden "cheaper" alternative to the Ford PP2 kits?!
IMG_6875.jpg

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I finally was able to get a 2018+ intake!!! It may take some time for the prices to come down and get closer to what a used one sells for on ebay for a 2015-2017.

but so far things look promising. I plan to do a dyno comparison (@ some point) to see if there are any real gains, but i like the idea so far! This could be the hidden "cheaper" alternative to the Ford PP2 kits?!

F150 '18 intake? :shrug:

Cause this thread is about the F150 intake Manifold.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

How is that an improvement from the 2017?

People have been swapping intake manifolds, not intakes. I have a basically brand new 2018 intake if someone wants to buy it for cheap. :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
F150 '18 intake? :shrug:

Cause this thread is about the F150 intake Manifold.
No a 2018 GT intake, and yes I’m aware it’s my thread :)
Just sharing next steps and possible improvments to the F150 mani.

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How is that an improvement from the 2017?

People have been swapping intake manifolds, not intakes. I have a basically brand new 2018 intake if someone wants to buy it for cheap. :D
If you have a 2018 GT intake I’ll buy it!!!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Guys it's the intake he is talking about, NOT the intake manifold....look at the pics he upped...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

I tried asking others but could never get an answer. Is there anything different on that one in terms of size?
Sponsored