Sponsored

Horn randomly honks

DfwCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche GT350
After doing a left turn out of my driveway, about 15 seconds later, the horn came on for a few seconds. I eventually kept pressing it and it stopped. After my next left turn, again 15 seconds later, the horn came on for about 30 seconds. Pressing and pulling on the steering wheel did nothing, and it just stopped on its own.

I pulled the front cover/airbag assembly and can't see any of the horn's switch wires that are shorting out, nor are any of the three "switches" sticky.

I have the relay pulled, and am quite pissed off yet can't stop laughing. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
It's got to be an electrical short somewhere. Take it to a dealership. Hopefully they can duplicate it.

OP
OP

DfwCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche GT350
I’m visiting some friends in Durango, Colorado. Luckily there’s a ford dealer here.

Could this be a faulty horn relay? I just don’t see how this would happen on a 2017 car with only 11k miles.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
After doing a left turn out of my driveway, about 15 seconds later, the horn came on for a few seconds. I eventually kept pressing it and it stopped. After my next left turn, again 15 seconds later, the horn came on for about 30 seconds. Pressing and pulling on the steering wheel did nothing, and it just stopped on its own.

I pulled the front cover/airbag assembly and can't see any of the horn's switch wires that are shorting out, nor are any of the three "switches" sticky.

I have the relay pulled, and am quite pissed off yet can't stop laughing. Any suggestions?
LOL:lol:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I hate electrical gremlins, I'd take it in if you have the time.

Sponsored

STEVO 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Your car is just honking at chicks bud. Mine does it all the time.

OP
OP

DfwCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche GT350
So there seems to be three horn switches located at 2, 6, and 10 o' clock. The top of the horn section pops out too far when released and causes the 6 o' clock switch to become closed. Still doesn't explain why it happened this morning when I didn't even press it to begin with. Off to the local Ford dealer!

I guess I can't beat on the horn like I do this motor!
Sponsored

Last edited: