Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Has anyone added a tuning map to their Ecoboost Mustang? Was looking at the Mountune M335 which comes with a K&N panel filter and the Mountune (Cobb) accessport as I’ve used their stuff on numerous cars before but wanted to see if anyone else has used a different tuner here in the UK. I don’t want to go wild as I know the Ecoboost lump is fairly fragile, the Mountune map only adds around 18bhp but sends the torque to 490nm so not bad really.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mountune map IS the Cobb off the shelf stage 1 map. If you want it, just go on facebook/here and find a used/unmarried Cobb AP and slap the stage 1 tune on it. (with the air filter ofc).

I ran the Cobb OTS S1 for a while (with catch can, filter, and Tune+ spark plugs). I then got a downpipe, ETS IC, Turbosmart/TUNE+ Wastegate actuator, Airaid intake tube, velossatec ram air intake and was tuned by adam at TUNE+. I'm now pushing 360BHP and 400lb ft (On an accurate dyno this was, not some happy US style dyno that over reads).

I'd advise if you're going any tune, to invest in 1 step colder spark plugs and a catch can at minimum.
If you're going protune, make sure you get a PROPER intercooler, the stock location ones are rubbish (Mountunes=Mishimoto btw), you'll want something much larger with cast end tanks so that it performs better (Stock ones are plastic).

For what it's worth on dyno numbers (Same dyno):
Stock car ran 275BHP / 260lbft
FBO (mine) ran 360bhp/400lbft

Didn't run the Cobb OTS S1 map on the dyno as it was only on for a few months as I waited for parts to come to be "protuned", as above, don't protune without the "tune" requirements + the intercooler.

Any questions shoot them at me ;)!

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Mirror what Manders says really, the Mountune tune is a waste of time, i'm suprised they're not rolling with a CAI with that tune though .. which is also a waste of time.
Catch can, plugs, air raid mit, K&N or another high flow filter panel, Cobb Stage 1, then progress from there with FMIC, etc
Few people are running the Mishi IC but it has been proven in some scenarios to perform worse than the stock IC.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
OP
OP
Adam83

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Catch Can is a new one on me for tuning a car, whys this needed? If I’m honest I’ll only be keeping the car till March 2019 (maybe even December this year if there’s any 2017 V8’s left at work) then swapping out for something else again unless I get very attached to this one so not going intercoolers route etc just wanting a bit more power.

Any links for which plugs I need? Are these worth doing on their own to start with?

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mountune.com
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 RTR Mustang Spec 2
Mountune map IS the Cobb off the shelf stage 1 map. If you want it, just go on facebook/here and find a used/unmarried Cobb AP and slap the stage 1 tune on it. (with the air filter ofc).
Just to correct you, our M335 calibration is NOT the same as the Cobb calibration. There is no crossover. Our link with Cobb is purely in sourcing the handset, which allows us to deliver the calibration to the car. And our handset has unique firmware which works in a different way to the Cobb Accessport.

In addition, we have no links with Mishimoto.
Sponsored