Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Love those trucks! I would totally buy one if I had the extra coin. What ever happened to the 7.0 liter rumours for the raptor and super duty?

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Love those trucks! I would totally buy one if I had the extra coin. What ever happened to the 7.0 liter rumours for the raptor and super duty?
Exactly. If I had FU money I would totally drive one of those every day

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
A couple of those at my work, they look fantastic! There are several thousand people at my site, so no idea who owns them but I agree with Big_Boss, would rock one of those if I had the discretionary money just sitting around.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I keep hearing a echo of a rumor about a OHV Pushrod Motor displacing around 7.3 liters.
I'm going to speculate and say that if this is true? Expect this new engine to exist mainly in the 3/4 - 1 ton trucks.
Most likely (Although loosely) Scorpion based. CGI for the block and alloy for the heads.
Don't hold your breath for any performance applications outside the truck markets.
Just a assumption......

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
The raptor most luckily will never get a V8 engine again. With the success of the EcoBoost engine, plus Ford looking into Hybrid options for Mustangs and F-150s in the near future. Be hard to see a Raptor with a V8 engine again. They only way they would do a V8 engine is if it has more HP than the EcoBoost plus have decent MPG (somewhere between 18-20)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The raptor most luckily will never get a V8 engine again. With the success of the EcoBoost engine, plus Ford looking into Hybrid options for Mustangs and F-150s in the near future. Be hard to see a Raptor with a V8 engine again. They only way they would do a V8 engine is if it has more HP than the EcoBoost plus have decent MPG (somewhere between 18-20)
Makes me sad. I got an email from Ford last night with a product announcement for the Raptor and they said nothing about a V8. :tsk:

I guess I'll keep using my high miles 1999 F250 with the V10 and ~11 mpg. I really don't care about fuel economy. Gas is cheap. I can drive the F250 another 240,000 miles at 11 mpg and not spend enough on fuel to pay for a Raptor with a crappy V6.
Sponsored