Sponsored

Upgrade ACM To HD Radio?

Nidstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hello All. I just joined this forum so I'm sorry for not knowing how to search for this topic, so at the risk of rehashing an old thread, have any of you upgraded your ACM to enable HD Radio? I have the premium interior in my GT (nav etc..) but no hd radio. I thought for sure that my Mustang would because my test drive vehicle did. Well it doesn't so I ordered a replacement ACM that does and I'm told that I need to do some programming once I complete the physical swap of the ACM. Can any of you tell me what I need to do with Forescan? I've never used it before.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I don't know the answers but how much was the part? Will the swap cause issues with Sirius?

I've been curious about this.

OP
OP
Nidstang

Nidstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It was pretty cheap on eBay. I only spent 200 bucks on it as opposed to the 600 that you'd have to spend if you go to infotainment.com and order the same device from them. The big advantage to ordering it from them is that they give you a ODBII dongle that does all of the programming for you automatically. I really like HD Radio here in Houston so I'm anxious to get this going.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I was actually surprised the premium system didn't have HD reception to begin with. I had assumed it would considering it's 2018 with a premium system.
Sponsored