Sponsored

Paddle Shift and Drive mode

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
In the 2016 model, when you use the paddle shift to shift manually, it moves back to full auto mode in like 3 or 5 seconds....which is close to being bloody useless.

Is it possible to extend the duration for which it stays in the manual mode ? maybe 30 seconds or something. I couldnt find any settings that were user configurable....wondering if there were any forscan settings etc.
Sponsored

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Does it matter in 'D' Mode ? In 'S' Mode as you know you have full manual paddle control, I just move the select leaver from D to S as required !
However in answer to your question I'm afraid I don't know.

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep u're spot on that in sport the moment u shift using the paddle ure into full manual.

With D the system will shift back to Auto which is what i am looking for but not in like 3 seconds ...so even if we can extend that to 30 seconds...would be great

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
If you want a manual, you should have bought a manual.
Maybe he would have if that were an option, however it is not.

OP I've not seen anything in forscan nor in the forscan threads on here, so I don't like your chances.

What's wrong with just using sport mode?

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
In the 2016 model, when you use the paddle shift to shift manually, it moves back to full auto mode in like 3 or 5 seconds....which is close to being bloody useless.

Is it possible to extend the duration for which it stays in the manual mode ? maybe 30 seconds or something. I couldnt find any settings that were user configurable....wondering if there were any forscan settings etc.
In the 2018 and per a contact at Ford this may be true for the 2016 6 speed the only time it "holds" a gear is when coasting with no throttle such as downhill for engine braking or to reduce speed in other situations without using brakes.

This works in my 2018.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Maybe he would have if that were an option, however it is not.....What's wrong with just using sport mode?

Buying a manual was always an option, no-one is forced to buy a ragtop. I know I'd have to be, I'm too ugly to be seen in a car without a roof!

There's nothing wrong with manual mode, he just doesn't like it. One of my kids was like that. Would eat cake, but only if he had a spoon.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm too ugly to be seen in a car without a roof!
Thats why you buy a sexy car, eyes are on the car not the driver like with me :p

And yeah, shifter in S and it will stick to the gear you put it in.

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe he would have if that were an option, however it is not.

OP I've not seen anything in forscan nor in the forscan threads on here, so I don't like your chances.

What's wrong with just using sport mode?
Thnx Matt. It's just pure laziness I guess... :)

U reckon anyone in the Mustang Groups would have more details of the FORSCAN menu's ?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Nope, I have used forscan many times, there's nothing in there for this.

Could be buried deep within the code, but nobody has been looking for it.

What about this. Put it in sport mode, change to manual by using the paddle. Then when you're ready to change up a gear, hold the paddle for a few seconds.

In the AMGs this will kick it back into automatic mode, curious to see if the mustang has a similar feature.

But that would be as close as you can get to what you're asking for

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
When in shifter position S and using the paddles to shift manually the transmission will revert to full automatic if you hold the upshift paddle for a couple of seconds. This is the primary "challenge" when autocrossing the car since it is easy to accidentally pull or hold the upshift paddle in autocross rapid steering situations.

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
Buying a manual was always an option, no-one is forced to buy a ragtop. I know I'd have to be, I'm too ugly to be seen in a car without a roof!

There's nothing wrong with manual mode, he just doesn't like it. One of my kids was like that. Would eat cake, but only if he had a spoon.
Our '16 was a fastback because we prioritised transmission over body style, but not everyone who wants a manual is able to drive a manual...

I'd not previously been a flappy paddle fan and I still haven’t driven our auto '18 (as it doesn’t have hand controls yet), but an RS6 I had once used to allow override of the auto gear in D by using the paddles and it stayed in manual mode for around 30 seconds.

In all honesty I didn't use it much, but it seemed like a better way to drop a cog or two before an overtake as mashing the pedal to get kick down has always struck me as similarly elegant to a hippo on ice skates.
Sponsored