Front end collision

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
So it's finally happened.. Two years on and someone must have decided that it's time to move on and get a new vehicle.. Still waiting on hearing back from the insurance adjuster as to what's actually going to be done. My poor pony.

960495_sm-.jpg

960497_sm-.jpg

960496_sm-.jpg
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That sucks big time!! Are you ok? What hit you? is that an Audi or BMW in the background?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I feel your pain.

This was my first 'stang, got to own it for four months:

picture.jpg

OP
OP

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
It's an Audi in the background. It turned across the street while i had a green light. My left shoulder is killing me, can't use the arm to hold anything too heavy right now. Also have a nasty bruise where the lap belt was sitting. Doctor said he saw some internal stuff below the bruising so.. have to wait and see how that pans out. If i hadn't swerved last minute to try and avoid it, i think it would have been worse.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
So sorry, hope they find nothing on further checks and you are ok!

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Its totalled.
The unibody energy absorbtion structure where the front lower k member attaches to cant be “straightened” without severely compromising ability to absorb energy in another crash.
The entire left front unibody including strut tower, firewall, etc would need to replaced. If insurance flinches, you can send a demand letter to Ford asking if they can warrant and guarantee the safety structure of the repaired unibody will meet or exceed the original oem performance. They will say no way. Then formally ask same of insurer and they will know by that written demand that they will be wasting time trying to screw you.

Last edited:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I just hope for your sake that the one in fault doesn't have GEIGO insurance. They will claim no proof of green light unless you have camera.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Don't rely on the other guys insurance...file a claim with your insurance to go after them. Won't effect your rates...you get better result.

Wife t-boned at a-pillar by guy running a stop sign. His insurance recognized fault, offered 3k and repair. No way it'd be right again. Filed under my insurance, a few months down the road; 8k and totalled out. No rate change / State Farm for me. His was GEIKO.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wow, that is horrible but glad you were able to walk away without major injuries, as that looks like it could have been a lot worse.

Its totalled.
The unibody energy absorbtion structure where the front lower k member attaches to cant be “straightened” without severely compromising ability to absorb energy in another crash.
The entire left front unibody including strut tower, firewall, etc would need to replaced. If insurance flinches, you can send a demand letter to Ford asking if they can warrant and guarantee the safety structure of the repaired unibody will meet or exceed the original oem performance. They will say no way. Then formally ask same of insurer and they will know by that written demand that they will be wasting time trying to screw you.
Interesting post - work in Insurance Industry?

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Glad you aren't too bad off.
Cars come and go, but you only get one you!

Heal up, deal with the insurance, and you get a clean sheet to start on your new mods!

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's not pretty. Amazing how today's cars crumple up for passenger safety.
Did any airbags deploy?

OP
OP

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Well still waiting on hearing back from the insurance adjuster. He was supposed to go inspect the car this afternoon.. but it seems that hasn't happened.

Yeah, the airbags in the legwells went off, and i've got the bruises to prove it.. though the main airbags in the dash didn't. No one, even over at ford, have been able to give me a reason as to why...

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
Sorry to see this, hope things work out for you. You don't happen to be in Lakeland do you ?

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Well still waiting on hearing back from the insurance adjuster. He was supposed to go inspect the car this afternoon.. but it seems that hasn't happened.

Yeah, the airbags in the legwells went off, and i've got the bruises to prove it.. though the main airbags in the dash didn't. No one, even over at ford, have been able to give me a reason as to why...

Looks like it didn't trigger the front impact sensor(s). I believe its near the center behind the hood latch, at least that's where its at on the 2014's.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Looks like it didn't trigger the front impact sensor(s). I believe its near the center behind the hood latch, at least that's where its at on the 2014's.
From what I understand and have read about frontal airbag crash sensors is that the driver (steering wheel) and passenger (glovebox area) air bags will not deploy unless the vehicle was traveling at X-speed and the impact is more frontal/center of the radiator support.

Depending on year, make and model, most front air bag crash sensors are located L, C and R in front of the radiator support (or to be more technical, between radiator support and front bumper cover).

Anyone feel free to jump in regarding front crash sensor activation.
Sponsored