Sponsored

BMR BK050 Bolt thread pitch

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The instructions mention included bolts, but mine came with none. I have diameter and length thanks to the instructions, but I don't know pitch. Anyone know what these bolts are that are included?

If no one knows, I'll reach out to BMR tomorrow and get the deets.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Right diameter/pitch. Wrong lengths. Maybe you can use 110 instead of 100.

I've got mine all torn apart. I need to see bolt orientation and what not.

Yeah, they're not cheap. I found 115mm just need to know what that means exactly.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Why are you not calling BMR and asking to be sent bolts if they are supposed to be included.

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why are you not calling BMR and asking to be sent bolts if they are supposed to be included.

Because i want them now. I already spoke to Kelly. He offered to send me a set if I couldn't source anything locally. He never hesitated.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Here is a McMaster order I started working on, $24. 3 extra bolts of one size. Price and selection is better than local, but it is hard to be 100% confident that everything is right.

The complete BMR kit is nice and comes with a lot of stuff. I can see where the pricing comes from now.
2018-07-11_Current Order_McMaster-Carr.png

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Because the BMR instruction said 35, 65, 100mm IIRC. Hard to be sure of all this.

Actually, it's not really nice for us to reverse engineer others' work, but hey, we tend to do that. :lol:

Sponsored
OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Because the BMR instruction said 35, 65, 100mm IIRC. Hard to be sure of all this.

Actually, it's not really nice for us to reverse engineer others' work, but hey, we tend to do that. :lol:

https://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/BK050.pdf

No mention of a 35mm or 65mm. I talked to Kelly on Monday. 100mm and 120mm. 4 bolts. 2 m14x2.0 poly lock nuts, 6 washers. That's it.

Looking at this further, I wonder if you don't have BK054 or BK051 which do come with 3 sets of bolts. Quite possibly what you're looking for.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I just finished reading Kelly's 10-page thread on diff mount bolt issues.

The OEM setup uses two short bolts that screw into the front threaded bushing.
The long bolt goes into the through-hole rear bushing, but with too large of clearance gap.

Aftermarket solutions stiffen the bushings with the insert discs, plus provide metal sleeves to take up the gap.

The strongest solution was determined by Kelly to replace the front bushing setup with longer and stronger bolts that pass through the front bushings, which requires drilling out the threads, also requiring to drop the front of the cradle significantly.

Hence the confusion on bolt length: (A) 3 different lengths for stock and aftermarket kits, or (B) 2 long bolt lengths and drilling required for a hard-core solution.

Lethal Performance offers a high-strength kit with four grade 12.9 long bolts. The two shorter front bolts are replaced by a single long bolt, which requires drilling out the threads of the front bushing.

Since I don't plan to drag race, but only road race, and I don't want too much additional NVH, I decided to order the BK051 to go with my 3.55 diff swap. From the BMR BK051 product page photos, it comes complete with the sleeves and grade 10.8 bolts. Also Kelly offers it at a Capture-the-Market price!

@BMR Tech
Sponsored