Sponsored

It's Here! My 2019 Mustang Bullitt Delivery and First Drive.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Your video at the dealership was excellent . Congrats , & lend me some of that increased GT horsepower for my I4 if you can.:cheers:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
After all you have been through, you are deserving. Enjoy the heck out of it!

mr.aqua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51, 01 S2000
Congrats Matt! Beautiful car, I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. I've been watching your channel for years and really enjoy your car reviews :) Keep up the good work!

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Really congrats. The car is gorgeous. But that scratch is unacceptable. Cant believe they ignored it and presented the car to you anyway. what the heck??

Sponsored

68&18_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 & 2018 GT's
Matt,

Congratulations. I know the feeling. I just received my 2018 GT a couple of weeks ago (waited a little over 4 months). So now I have a 1968 and 2018 in the barn so to speak.

The scratch would be a bummer to see. Need to let us know how it was resolved and what it looks like afterward. Sounds like you drove 4 hours to pick it up, so are you having it fixed at a different Ford Dealer, or are you driving it back?

chewdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Ruby Red
Congrats. I've been watching your youtube vids. Never knew you are Bullitt.:headbang:

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt,

Congratulations. I know the feeling. I just received my 2018 GT a couple of weeks ago (waited a little over 4 months). So now I have a 1968 and 2018 in the barn so to speak.

The scratch would be a bummer to see. Need to let us know how it was resolved and what it looks like afterward. Sounds like you drove 4 hours to pick it up, so are you having it fixed at a different Ford Dealer, or are you driving it back?
Congrats on your new 2018 too! I drove it the 4 hours back home that night (Friday). After having my first GT hit hard twice, I now have a really good go-to body shop that I know does excellent work. I'm going to have them give me an estimate later this week, which I'll forward to the dealer. They notified me of the scratch ahead of time, I just chose to pick it up instead of waiting however much longer for it to be fixed and not knowing the quality of work with an unknown body shop 4 hours away. The dealer agreed to pay for the fix of course. If my body shop can't fix it completely without paint work, I'll probably just live with the scratch instead of hoping the paint match comes out perfectly and them having to blend/repaint the whole door, etc. When I sent a picture to the body shop owner, he thinks a wet sand/buff/touchup will take care of it. Otherwise, if it doesn't, I'm not OCD and will probably just live with whatever improvements a buff and touch up provides.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Beautiful car Matt, I'm super jealous!
Your grin the entire video explains it all.
Congratulations, Matt, the car looks superb. That smile said it all :)
What these guys said ^ The smile on your face and pure joy when you got to pick it up. I can't wait to have that type of feeling when I can get back into a Mustang.

Congrats on the ride!

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
That color is just so freaking awesome. I would definitely lowered and put some forged wheels on it.
IMO I think that would take away from the Bullitt originality and uniqueness.

Sponsored

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
Just picked it up yesterday from Lebanon Ford! This is chassis number K0095 but is actually VIN 12! One of the first 5 Bullitts delivered I think. I elaborate a lot more in the video but here's the cliff notes and a few other things I didn't mention in the video:
Absolutely love the rev match.
Exhaust sounds amazing, with more crackles and pops than even the 2018 GT with Active Exhaust that I previously drove.
Pre-production cars had a unique Dark Highland Green MyColor for the gauges, but it's not present as an option in my gauge cluster so must have been removed last minute for production versions.
Taller gearing with the 18+ manuals takes a little getting used to and makes it feel a little less torquey than my 2016 with 3.55s.
Sadly the truck driver put a few scratches in my passenger door at some point. Dealership wrote me an I-O-U and hopefully my body shop can fix it without doing any repainting.

If you have any questions about the car after watching the video, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer as quickly as I can (hard to be on the computer much when all I want to do is drive it haha).
I wish there was something that would make me as smiley and giggly as The bullitt makes Matt lol.

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just posted a tour of the Bullitt gauges:
Nice review. Love the gauges!

Too bad about the window sill; I was sure that the Bullitt lettering would be illuminated as I saw it somewhere.

Like you, I also agree that the traditional gauges look the best.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
The aluminum dash trim looks rather cool its like PP but more sleek. Grats Matt!

Matt, are the chrome trims high shine and reflective like the 15-17? I know 18+ uses a more dulled out chrome but pics I’ve seen, the bullit retains the high shine. If so, that’s actually a nice touch.

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Awesome man. Glad for you and I know you will enjoy the car.
Sponsored