Sponsored

Small puddle of oil under drivers side after oil change....

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
They only changed to oil...and I watched. It SHOULD only be residual.
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
if it comes back you've got the oil pressure sender leak, do search there is a video

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I went to the dealer just to let them know and the tech that did the work came up. I explained to him what was going on...and the said heā€™s sure itā€™s residual oil from taking the filter off. He said he should have just taken the belly pan off. The service director came out and asked what was going on and I told him and he said the same thing. He ran my VIN and made sure it wasnā€™t under the oil cooler line recall. Then he said bring it in whenever I can and theyā€™ll check it out.

And a lot of times it is residual from taking the filter off..... especially if the tech. failed to funnel that oil away from the belly pan.

http://i.giphy.com/xNTTEEN2qiqze.gif

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember look at everything and not seeing any sort of issues.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I remember look at everything and not seeing any sort of issues.
If he didnā€™t use funnel on filter then small thinstreams of oil likely shot on top of the belly pan. Since the car remained relatively level the whole time that oil wouldā€™ve just sat there. Iā€™m assuming your garage floor isnā€™t perfectly level?

Last time I changed my own I got some on top of the belly pan, but I only had front jacked so it drained off the back end... albeit unexpectedly. Smaller mess to clean up but still a mess.

I believe [MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION] ā€˜s technique of removing the drivers front wheel will allow for a much easier job next time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you can see the oil pressure sender/sensor from the top...I checked out and itā€™s bone dry, so thatā€™s good! I took a video with my phone with the light on and everything seems to by dry. Iā€™m still gonna go to the dealer after work Friday just to be 100%.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Since you can see the oil pressure sender/sensor from the top...I checked out and itā€™s bone dry, so thatā€™s good! I took a video with my phone with the light on and everything seems to by dry. Iā€™m still gonna go to the dealer after work Friday just to be 100%.
I have had a filter come lose and an oil pressure switch. The OPS may look dry from the top but to really get a good look at it you will nee to remove the wheel to get up in there. It could be seeping on the back side. Albeit, if you have a seep under pressure you would probably smell the oil burning on the header. Most likely what you have is a left over mess. Unfortunately it is very common and why I do my own servicing,

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could touch all around it, it was dry. I shined a light on the area as well.
Sponsored