Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
You nailed it - upon second startup the interior blinkers are both functioning normally. Thanks!
Excellent!

Have you taken any pictures yet!

Thank you for your support

Nick C.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Man, all the R&D and consumers are already having problems. I'm a bit shocked by this.
I'm not sure what problems you are referring to? The 194-input switch for the speed-adjustment is a tad bit long, but still works perfectly.

The fit and finish of the product has already been called OEM quality. The performance and reliability is the justification for our extensive R&D.

If you plug something into the Mustang with power going to that location, that could lead to the issue one member discussed on the previous page, however, turning the car off and on will correct that issue. It's no different with any LED replacement "hot-plugging" is what causes that.

The easiest way to prevent it, is by not plugging things in with power going to the socket.

If you have any other questions or comments about the product, please feel free to reach out to us: (314) 205-3033. We are happy to listen to your feedback.

Thanks!
Nick C.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I'm not sure what problems you are referring to? The 194-input switch for the speed-adjustment is a tad bit long, but still works perfectly.

The fit and finish of the product has already been called OEM quality. The performance and reliability is the justification for our extensive R&D.

If you plug something into the Mustang with power going to that location, that could lead to the issue one member discussed on the previous page, however, turning the car off and on will correct that issue. It's no different with any LED replacement "hot-plugging" is what causes that.

The easiest way to prevent it, is by not plugging things in with power going to the socket.

If you have any other questions or comments about the product, please feel free to reach out to us: (314) 205-3033. We are happy to listen to your feedback.

Thanks!
Nick C.
I'm referring to the plug issue and the malfunctioning issues that several people have had. I'm not knocking the product, just a bit surprised there are any issues at all considering the extensive R&D.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'm referring to the plug issue and the malfunctioning issues that several people have had. I'm not knocking the product, just a bit surprised there are any issues at all considering the extensive R&D.
Agreed. I'm not going to be the beta tester this time around. I have almost the whole DD catalog on my car, and the only stuff that hasn't given me problems initially were the interior lights and the 4th brake light.

I'm not knocking DD, as I will get these eventually... just not right away. I'll let others be the beta testers instead of me. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The malfunctioning issue you are referring to is a result of "hot-plugging", which the vehicle corrects when the car is reset. That's attributed to the vehicle itself, and something that can be easily prevented. Replacing an incandescent bulb with power going to the socket would also cause this to occur.

For the t-10 connector, the switch placement could've been better, but it will still function 100% when installed as intended. It will also remain on the default US-spec speed even if it's not plugged in at all.

We are always improving products based on customer feedback, but the 2015+ Mustang front turn signal housing is well-engineered, and will perform reliably for the life of the vehicle. The "beta-testing" was performed over the course of the past year+ as we've had sets on our own personal Mustang, and several customer vehicles.

Nick C.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Installed mine and right side worked perfectly ,left side would not light up . spent a lot of time checking wiring and no luck getting it to work. Called DD and they sent me a replacement. Installed that one and it worked except only 2 of the sequential turn signal lights lite up. Another replacement on the way, hope that one will work. One thing is that DD sure does have great customer service
Sorry to hear that! Very odd as these are age tested and further checked multiple times during the production process. We will have that replacement to you very quickly.
One out of how many?

What about the complaints about having to cut the OEM bulb socket to install the switch board? I'm sorry, but the details matter.

FWIW I'll likely end up with a set of these at some point and assuming they're not dead after a few months I'll modify it to be orange marker lights as it is stock.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
One out of how many?

What about the complaints about having to cut the OEM bulb socket to install the switch board? I'm sorry, but the details matter.

FWIW I'll likely end up with a set of these at some point and assuming they're not dead after a few months I'll modify it to be orange marker lights as it is stock.
I agree, the details do matter. The 194-connector plug w/switch can be installed and used without modification.

It shouldn't require the bulb socket to be modified, but it will go deeper in the socket if you force it in. That's what appears to be happening in the picture one member posted.

Nick C.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
The fit and finish is OEM, no question about it.
Just be cautious when installing the circuit board, or just unplug it and install the bulb socket by itself.
My blinker is normal now that I have this installed.
I had the fast blink due to aftermarket LEDs being installed.

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
The malfunctioning issue you are referring to is a result of "hot-plugging", which the vehicle corrects when the car is reset. That's attributed to the vehicle itself, and something that can be easily prevented. Replacing an incandescent bulb with power going to the socket would also cause this to occur.

For the t-10 connector, the switch placement could've been better, but it will still function 100% when installed as intended. It will also remain on the default US-spec speed even if it's not plugged in at all.

We are always improving products based on customer feedback, but the 2015+ Mustang front turn signal housing is well-engineered, and will perform reliably for the life of the vehicle. The "beta-testing" was performed over the course of the past year+ as we've had sets on our own personal Mustang, and several customer vehicles.

Nick C.
What is considered "hot plugging"? Are you referring to installing with that circuit live? Does this mean an improper installation? I would assume the circuit would be without power during install, considering the length of time it takes. I've never run into this issue with my sequential signals, during initial install and removing the front bumper several times.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
What is considered "hot plugging"? Are you referring to installing with that circuit live? Does this mean an improper installation? I would assume the circuit would be without power during install, considering the length of time it takes. I've never run into this issue with my sequential signals, during initial install and removing the front bumper several times.
Correct, hot plugging is what you are describing. Essentially, it can lead to bridging the socket, which can cause to those issues previously described. This happens with any bulb installation whatsoever, and is a simple fix on the Mustang.

Every Mustang is extremely different in how it handles electrical changes. Some seem to be much more sensitive than others, and you'll find similar reports with even factory taillights doing this kind of thing.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Last edited:

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I have had these installed for about a week now. Everything was working great until I noticed today that the driver's side running light is flickering. The turn signal works fine, its just the white running light. I checked the connections to make sure nothing was loose. Not sure why it just started all of a sudden.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Correct, hot plugging is what you are describing. Essentially, it can lead to bridging the socket, which can cause to those issues previously described. This happens with any bulb installation whatsoever, and is a simple fix on the Mustang.

Every Mustang is extremely different in how it handles electrical changes. Some seem to be much more sensitive than others, and you'll find similar reports with even factory taillights doing this kind of thing.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Ive honestly never heard of these issues until now.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I just wanted to post some positive things ;-)

The installation took longer than expected due to some difficulties getting the fog light bezels out of the fascia (and finding all 6 screws before that).
Nevertheless I had no issues with the installation and the new blinkers work great and they look even better :-)

Greetings from Germany.
Sponsored