Sponsored

NGauge screen issues

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Twice in past week it won't shut off.I have to pull it from vent and unplug it. Both times the screen was also blurred/lined out and unusable

I've been thinking of pulling it anyway to get ac vent back

is this fairly common or should I try to get this replaced?

http://imgur.com/qoFdIpD
Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve had mine for about a year and it glitches out occasionally. At first the screen would get fuzzy text and then end up whitish screen and locked up. This only happens when it’s in the house and plugged into my PC. Now it’s hard mounted in my a-pillar in the car and it shuts down sometimes if I touch it wrong. Only way to power it back up is to turn the car off and then back on or unplug the connector from the OBD2 connection under the steering wheel.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
prob need a new screen, my touch screen was all jacked up and i couldnt load tunes or do anything. send an email to [email protected]

you most likely need a new screen, mine was $75. its a lot better and brighter too

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
haven't ever had one do that

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Lol @ iPhone Sucks.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
prob need a new screen, my touch screen was all jacked up and i couldnt load tunes or do anything. send an email to [email protected]

you most likely need a new screen, mine was $75. its a lot better and brighter too
Hopefully it's not 75 bucks. Damn screen is 3 months old. I'll send email

Thanks for.input everyone

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The only problem I've had with mine is that the touch screen has become annoyingly inaccurate. I'll touch an option on one side and it'll register a touch on the other side instead. Makes navigating through the menus frustrating.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
The only problem I've had with mine is that the touch screen has become annoyingly inaccurate. I'll touch an option on one side and it'll register a touch on the other side instead. Makes navigating through the menus frustrating.
Try doing a screen calibration thru the settings. That should fix your issue. I had the same thing happen to my gauge.:thumbsup:

As for the screen, my gauge will randomly do the same but just unplugging it fixes the issue. Might need to order a new cable, I've had mine for over 2 years now.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was not displaying data, the perimeters were there but no numbers. I did a update and that fixed it.

Sponsored

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Try doing a screen calibration thru the settings. That should fix your issue. I had the same thing happen to my gauge.:thumbsup:

As for the screen, my gauge will randomly do the same but just unplugging it fixes the issue. Might need to order a new cable, I've had mine for over 2 years now.
Thank you for the suggestion! I’m trying that now but the touch screen is so f*cked that it won’t even let me get into the “Diagnostics” menu. None of the options at the bottom of the screen will register.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the suggestion! I’m trying that now but the touch screen is so f*cked that it won’t even let me get into the “Diagnostics” menu. None of the options at the bottom of the screen will register.
Keep trying around the edges, you'll get there lol. It took me about 15 min playing with the thing until I got to the correct menu and calibrated the screen.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had that happen once about 4 months ago. Screen glitches out and stayed frozen with red lines across until I unplugged it from the obd port and plugged it back in. Never happened again since.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)