Sponsored

What the GT 350 looks like without the dash.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Had my evaporator replaced as well. Was really surprised when I read the dash, a-pillar and center console were removed. Seeing it all removed in your pictures is even more startling.

I'm just glad my dealer's service tech put it all back together again flawlessly.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Fords gotta be bleeding a little green with all these warranty jobs.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Well crap!! My A/C works fine as long as it's under 80F outside! I guess I have this to look forward too? :doh:

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Did you participate or watch the process? I was curious as to how long it took, considering it comes out as a unit like that.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
ouch. My GT is going in Tuesday for this issue.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I thought I remember reading on a site that sells a lightweight fiberglass shell version of the dash for drag racers that the original console weighs a ton? Are you able to weigh it, and does it look like there's any dead weight in it that could be easily removed?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Looks like a colossal pain in the ass.

Can hardly wait until my evap shits the bed, now that it's out of warranty and I'll be the victim doing the job...

OP
OP
MYSNAKE

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Did you participate or watch the process? I was curious as to how long it took, considering it comes out as a unit like that.
I watched the process at the local ford dealer, I stayed will the car the entire day
from 7am to 4pm so it was a 9 hour day.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MYSNAKE

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I thought I remember reading on a site that sells a lightweight fiberglass shell version of the dash for drag racers that the original console weighs a ton? Are you able to weigh it, and does it look like there's any dead weight in it that could be easily removed?
I wasn’t able to weigh the dash but it took 3 service guys to get it out and pick it back up to get it back into the car. It’s a tech car so the only weight savings I could see possible is to remove the navigation and the A/C but other than that the dash is a heavy plastic shell with all the electronics built into it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Damn, that extended warranty for the TY R is looking better and better. What a PITA

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Were you able to get a look at the failed part? I would love to see what the problem really is (I think its the way it mounts in the car, stressing it)

OP
OP
MYSNAKE

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Were you able to get a look at the failed part? I would love to see what the problem really is (I think its the way it mounts in the car, stressing it)

I didn't get to see the failed part but I spoke to the service tech that replaced it, the man has over 20 years of working on A/C problems and loves to work on the mustangs he told me that it was a manufacturer defect and was a poor quality part when built.