Sponsored

Here’s why the 2018 Mustang GT costs $50,000 (Doug Demuro review)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I was surprised at myself. I actually liked this guys review. Pretty straight forward, and I actually learned where to put the owners manual. :)

One thing I see he missed was the PP1 package on the car. If he would have took a little more time he would have known why this car rode a bit more harsh.

And, I do wish he wouldn't have been so happy with the car while driving. I have an '06 GT that I really enjoy, and now he's got me thinking to much. I'm fairly sure the wife would give me "The Look" if I told her I want one. Her's just turned 200 miles, and I know she just wouldn't understand. :shrug: :D

fordxgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 5.0L V8
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of disappointed that he knocked off points for comfort and features because the car had Recaros instead of the standard seats which he said he would prefer.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Kind of disappointed that he knocked off points for comfort and features because the car had Recaros instead of the standard seats which he said he would prefer.
Had the same thought when it happened in the video. I bet he’d even prefer the regular Premium seats over the Recaro. :p

I was surprised at myself. I actually liked this guys review. Pretty straight forward, and I actually learned where to put the owners manual. :)

One thing I see he missed was the PP1 package on the car. If he would have took a little more time he would have known why this car rode a bit more harsh.

And, I do wish he wouldn't have been so happy with the car while driving. I have an '06 GT that I really enjoy, and now he's got me thinking to much. I'm fairly sure the wife would give me "The Look" if I told her I want one. Her's just turned 200 miles, and I know she just wouldn't understand. :shrug: :D
Doug is probably the best car reviewer on YouTube (sorry Matt! You’re a close second, though :D :p ).
In regards to ride-quality, something tells me he had a Magneride optioned car and kept it in Sport/Track during his drives. In normal mode, a Magneride suspension PP1 car is more comfortable than my non-PP 16 GT with 18” wheels (experience from a test drive). :)

Not worth $50K.
Wrong. :)
Unless you’re taking into account that it’s incredibly easy to get $6-7k off sticker ;) :cheers:

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I was pricing out on the Ford site and the 5.0 GT starts at $35k. Maybe he meant premium Mustang GT? I do love that digital dash tho, I would get that just buy the PP2 wheels off American Muscle once its available.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've found the car surprisingly comfortable so far, even without Magneride and 20 inch wheels. Although my last car was a Mercedes. Those have a much harsher ride.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Love Doug's reviews. He is the right combination of knowledgeable, quirky(funny), and serious.

The Doug score is the best thing since sliced bread!

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I was pricing out on the Ford site and the 5.0 GT starts at $35k. Maybe he meant premium Mustang GT? I do love that digital dash tho, I would get that just buy the PP2 wheels off American Muscle once its available.
Yeah, GT with a 401A and another option or two will get you there. Although if you spec out a similar German car we are probably looking at 75-100K.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Mustang GT. 301A manual PP1 $42K msrp. For $34.500 simple

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I got a 2018 GT PP1 supercharged with warranty after taxes for less than $50k. Good value in my opinion.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I added three notes in the comments on this video :D

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Mustang GT. 301A manual PP1 $42K msrp. For $34.500 simple
My 2016 401 Premium GT PP with one of the fancy leather stitching trim packages I paid $34.5K for prior to tax. I don't have Recaro (huge mistake) or the auto cruise control feature set but have everything else. Don't remember my MSRP right now but if I can get the same discount off of a PP2, okay... maybe. But a PP2 is not worth more than $40K to me. PP1 Magnaride with Recaro I'd pay $36-37K tops.

This is a Mustang, folks. Let's be reasonable.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
He knocked down the interior as being too plasticy. I do not agree with that because my GT certainly does not feel cheap. I have zero rattles and squeaks and the interior seems upscale. If anything, I was actually disappointed with the 2016 BMW X5 I drove for about a week. That things dashboard and seats were of leatherette and felt like a cheap interior. The dashboard looked like elephant skin with its bumps or whatever design they had. The seats were not leather but this leatherette which for a $65K did not seem fair. The seats felt worse in feel than my GT. Go figure.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
He knocked down the interior as being too plasticy. I do not agree with that because my GT certainly does not feel cheap. I have zero rattles and squeaks and the interior seems upscale. If anything, I was actually disappointed with the 2016 BMW X5 I drove for about a week. That things dashboard and seats truly had crappy interior. The dashboard looked like elephant skin with its bumps or whatever design they had. The seats were not leather but this leatherette which for a $65K did not seem fair. The seats felt worse in feel than my GT. Go figure.
He's right, IMO. My car, at 38K, has wearing-through leather on the driver seat. And I have the fancy leather package. My 90K Toyota Camry's seats looked BRAND NEW. Literally could not tell the difference between the driver and passenger seat where the butt farts. You're right on the BMW interiors - I find them to be unimpressive and to get the good stuff you have to pay a ridiculous price.
Sponsored