Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
https://www.hellionpowersystems.com/product/hellion-2018-ford-mustang-gt-twin-turbo-system/

What turbo's do I need to order if I want to make 650-750whp on 91 octane?

The HLX "upgrade" is for sound only correct?

When is the Stainless Steel Turbine Housings Upgrade ($300.00) necessary?

91 octane won't be enough to get a lot of boost, im also in CA and lund told me that the octane here isn't enough to produce higher boost levels. They said 8-9 lbs of boost is what can work for the engine to be safe. I have the twin 62's for mine. E85 though and you'll be set

Sponsored

Chris Edwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
91 octane won't be enough to get a lot of boost, im also in CA and lund told me that the octane here isn't enough to produce higher boost levels. They said 8-9 lbs of boost is what can work for the engine to be safe. I have the twin 62's for mine. E85 though and you'll be set
Yea I'd rather not do a return fuel system and all that, but yea E85 is definitely available.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
https://www.hellionpowersystems.com/product/hellion-2018-ford-mustang-gt-twin-turbo-system/

The HLX "upgrade" is for sound only correct?

When is the Stainless Steel Turbine Housings Upgrade ($300.00) necessary?
Hello Chris.

The standard turbos will easily make the numbers you are looking for. We send 62mm units std.

Correct, the HLX is a sound upgrade unless you are at full turbo capability at which point it makes some more power (1200+)

The stainless housings are a clean casting that will never rust. The standard housing is cast iron, so it will show some oxidation over time. Both units will perform the same in this application.

Hope this helps!

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Crazy! im curious to see how long it lasts

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Absolutely amazing. I would not ry that again. One run wonder. Still dial it down to 900whp for longevity. Thank you Hellion for sharing. Makes me feel easier running my little boost.

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
969 TQ?? What differential gears are in this test car? If this TQ rips the 10R80 out of the car will you post this for us? We know you will if it does not. Install time is over 20 hours I am hearing would that be accurate?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
969 TQ?? What differential gears are in this test car? If this TQ rips the 10R80 out of the car will you post this for us? We know you will if it does not. Install time is over 20 hours I am hearing would that be accurate?

We will keep you guys posted either way! We always try to lead the way with our product to be able to advise to our customers.

Install time is anywhere between 16-20 depending on mechanical ability. We typically have it done in a couple work days. It may be a few longer than some other combinations, but what a few hours for these numbers!:headbang:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13003]HELLION TURBO[/MENTION] I think it is great you all are making some just ridiculous amounts of power with your turbos. These dyno videos are great but how about showing these cars putting all that power to use. I'd like to see how much modification it takes to put all that power to the road and do some work. I'd like to see how this traps with 1194 WHP.

Granted, your business is making turbo power and you are showing how well you are doing it. Making power for sake of bragging rights is one thing, showing the recipe of how you use all that power is another. If you can successfully put all that down, I will truly be impressed.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hello Chris.

The standard turbos will easily make the numbers you are looking for. We send 62mm units std.
[MENTION=13003]HELLION TURBO[/MENTION] I think it is great you all are making some just ridiculous amounts of power with your turbos. These dyno videos are great but how about showing these cars putting all that power to use. I'd like to see how much modification it takes to put all that power to the road and do some work. I'd like to see how this traps with 1194 WHP.

Granted, your business is making turbo power and you are showing how well you are doing it. Making power for sake of bragging rights is one thing, showing the recipe of how you use all that power is another. If you can successfully put all that down, I will truly be impressed.
I’d be truly impressed if they can really pull of 750 whp on 91 octane like they imply.

Status
Not open for further replies.