Sponsored

This car still amazes me

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I daily drive my GT350 and have now 24,500 miles on it. I average 1,400 miles/month. I drive it in snow, in hot, in -20F degree or 105F degree weather. I drive it every morning and every evening and I drive it weekends. Its my only car.

After all this driving, it still makes me smile everyday just as much as it did the first day. Its just an incredible car. Yesterday I dropped my wife and daughter for a playdate and I had the car to myself for about 3-4 hours. Instead of going back home I just drove. I drove on highway, freeway, then on the shore. About 200 miles I put and by the time I picked them up, I could probably drive another 200.

I drove in stop and go bumper to bumper traffic for miles, I cruised on the shore 15 mph (bicycles and pedestrians) mostly on 1st gear for miles. It never ever gets boring to me. The rev matches, heel and toe on every occassion, almost turbo like torque even as low as 3000 rpm, the incredible handling, and the amazing SOUND.

But you know what makes this car the killer combo for me? Its that I can do all of the above with the most important thing I have in life, with my family. I dont have to sacrifice my time with them. The car fun doesn’t have to happen at the expense of my family time. I can go to the beach with this car. I can fit my gigantic beach umbrella in it, I can carry my daughter’s bicycle in it. Heck, I can even carry 10 pieces of 3/4” 10 feet PVC conduit in it (yes 10 of them).

Yesterday I drove through the entire jersey shore from beginning point pleasanr all the way to sandy hook and I stopped counting at 100 for the number of people who turned their head/pointed at the car/gave thumbs up. I am not kidding on that number. I also had a very funny experience where there was an orange lamborghini performante in front of me for good 5-6 miles where a) I could never hear his exhaust over mine and b) my car got more attention (including from the police) than that car.

I will drive this car until the doors fall off and even then I will weld them back and if I cant I will drive it without doors:) I am lucky that my engine and other components are in good health. I have had no issues in these 24,500 miles besides broken A/C. Its actually making me question whether I should even get the ZR1 (about to get one in a few months). I dont know if I will be able to make the emotional connection with any other car like I had with GT350.
Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
I understand. Friday track day I finally got to play with a new ZL1. Same Cup 2 tires. After he got his car sideways twice he let me by. Very competent driver, just not enough car for road racing. Was fun. Beat up on my friends R8 and a Porsche GT4 on slicks. Then came home an took the wife to dinner. What a car.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:thumbsup:

I have a similar feeling with mine, albeit not a GT350, I've gotten it to handle and feel like one with a great sound to match. I completely understand and it's so wonderful when you and the machine are just so one together. The best part is that the more you give it, the more it comes alive!

I suspect that the ZR1 will feel bonkers, but like the regular Vette and SS Camaro, fast yet not that exciting.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
I had the 5.0 PP for 2 years. Put on sway bars, cold air and a tune. Great changes from stock. Ran Cup 2's . The car was ferocious on the track but still fun on the street. Now I get to beat up on more of my Porsche buddies.

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
I can fit my gigantic beach umbrella in it,

I can carry my daughter’s bicycle in it.

Heck, I can even carry 10 pieces of 3/4” 10 feet PVC conduit in it (yes 10 of them).

Why don't you carry a cord of firewood also, or a few yards of topsoil.

I swear, McarsFan never gets old.

Sponsored

iamevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It's my only car and daily driver too. The best part of my day is driving to/from work, even if there is traffic, it's a joy to be in. It's amazing that a car with such performance is still comfortable and easy to daily; it's hard to make a car that excels in both areas.

My engine consumes a lot of oil and some cosmetic bits are beginning to fall apart, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment. Although sometimes I have to reinforce that in my mind. Don't think about the negatives and enjoy the car!

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Nice! I think the GT350 doesn't give off this d-baggery-type image that more expensive and even exotic cars can give off, which in certain areas have become almost cliche. You know that the GT350 is owned purely by car lovers for what it is: an awesome car at any price point that is meant to be driven and enjoyed by drivers and spectators alike!

On the street or even at track events, always seems to be a crowd-pleaser :thumbsup:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have this for half the tasks you mentioned, I know you are MCarsFan... This is as close to an M3 as you can get with AWD :thumbsup:
20180616_142205_00001.jpg

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
McarFan

"almost turbo like torque even as low as 3000 rpm"

LOL, you need to leave your keyboard for an hour a day

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nice! I think the GT350 doesn't give off this d-baggery-type image that more expensive and even exotic cars can give off, which in certain areas have become almost cliche. You know that the GT350 is owned purely by car lovers for what it is: an awesome car at any price point that is meant to be driven and enjoyed by drivers and spectators alike!

On the street or even at track events, always seems to be a crowd-pleaser :thumbsup:
Very much agree on the fans. I think because it has that muscle car look and feel, but the right touch of sports car in it. Its very much respected by Mustang fans.

Sponsored

JPMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Although I don't have a GT350 my GT, gives me the same feeling. Never owned a car I enjoy driving more. I have a very short drive to work and sometime I wish it was much longer.

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I couldn't agree more. I was close to buying a Boss 302 in 2014 and then I started to read the rumors of the GT350 so I held off and i'm glad I did. It took me till this year but the wait was 100% worth it!

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I'm in the same boat as many of you.... I love this car and everything about it. So much, that I'm seriously considering ordering a 2019 R! The thought of this package with an upgraded interior and painted stripes is exciting to me.

The downside is, of course, the depreciation hit and all the money I have in PPF and Ceramic (around $4K alone), tint, etc, gives me a tad bit of hesitation. I guess I need to find a dealer to order from at a decent ADM and go from there? :)
Sponsored