Steeda stands behind their Suspension Parts

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
[FONT=&quot]Longer post than I would like, but wanted to share with everyone my experience with Steeda and their suspension components. Bottom line is that they have done a great job standing behind their products![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As you can see in my signature below, I have self-installed a bunch of Steeda parts to my 2017 GT as part of my goal to turn it into a virtually dedicated HDPE track car. I added all of these parts during the summer of 2017, ahead of the fall track season. (#1)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I started hearing some noise from one or both sides of the front end, typically at lower speeds. The first assumption was that the top strut nut was loose, but it turns out that was not the issue. There had been a design change requiring the use of a top & bottom “Top-Hat” bushing, while I only had the top side. This was allowing some movement.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][*Lesson-learned here: get a 22mm crows-foot, and also make sure your 11mm socket is a 6-pt AND there is zero wiggle in it. When torqueing the large nut, the 11mm has a hard time holding on…][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Steeda sent me the new bushings, and I re-installed the strut. (#2) Unfortunately, the noise did not stop. In fact, I ended up having to daily-drive the Mustang for a few weeks, and found in 20F temps that there was a LOT of movement and noise on the passenger side front. Felt like a 4WD pickup on pavement...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Steeda felt it may have been a shock that was not assembled correctly, but according to the measurements I took, that was not the problem. So, back to assuming the strut nut was not tight enough. At this point, was pretty frustrated, and used an air gun to tighten the nuts. Got the car re-aligned and ready for Spring 2018 track season.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At the first weekend, by the second day the noise was back and significantly worse. Had it checked at the track, and found that the shocks themselves were bad. You could see movement of the shaft inside the strut housing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Steeda owned up to this and sent me NEW Pro-Action Adjustables, which I installed ahead of my next track event. (#3) The popping, clicking noise was gone, but now there was a creaking sound like an old door on the passenger side.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have purchased the Ford spring perch/bearing assembly, and Steeda has stepped up and sent me a replacement camber plate. Next step is to put these on this summer, ahead of this fall’s track season. (#4) I feel confident this will take care of the last issue, and look forward to playing with the adjustables to get a feel for what works best for me on track.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Shout outs to Mike and Scott at Steeda for the many phone calls, e-mails, and for standing behind their products! :thumbsup:
[/FONT]
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
All Steeda everything. Couldn't be happier. Love those guys.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They sure do, and if you go in to their offices there's a chance that you might actual get to meet and work with the owner too. I had no idea until I read an article and saw the picture, but whenever I stopped by I was speaking to, learning from, and driving around with Dario. Can't say that I was expecting that and he was the nicest guy the whole time without ever mentioning it!

I'm definitely happy I went with them and good to see others have positive experiences as well, they're definitely a great crew all around and I recommend stopping by if you're ever in Pompano or their Georgia location.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Same. Steeda is awesome. Their parts are like their customer service. Both top notch.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I too am 100% Steeda and thus far their customer service has been great. Not that I have had an issue with a product once I received it, well once but it was corrected without issue.

Great products and great support. Now if they would just get their tune for the 18s out. LOL.
Sponsored