Sponsored

Yes, another R lead. 5K over leadfoot grey

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Tom has gone above and beyond not only with car stuff. During the evacuation from South Florida for one of our recent hurricanes he verified that even with flight vouchers there was no way you could get a seat, all flights were over booked and standby list was enormous. He had zero obligation to check for a member he didn’t know.
He has also provided enormous help for many on a variety of topics.
He is wealthy in regards to those who respect him and seek his sage advice, and view him as a virtual friend, and to those who have actually met him are truly the luck ones, the others are just fools.
Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
What's odd to me is why a dealer would have any problems selling R's at $5K (or so) over that they would want any help in the first place. I asked my dealer if I could help them sell an R and they laughed and told me they don't need it, and I believe them!

My local dealer also likes to keep their cars local to them if possible, and from what I've seen Tom has sold these cars to people way outside the dealers area to customers that will most likely not be returning to buy a Raptor or other vehicle. How many of these cars have stayed in the dealers general area (within Florida)? I'd be there are plenty of Florida guys that are missing out because these cars are being sold like this.

No disrespect meant to Tom and Kudo's to him for helping the forum here, just showing the side of it that my dealer presented to me as an alternate view on this.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I've had this discussion with my dealership and pointed out the market was changing. They don't believe it. I've spent a lot of time talking with [MENTION=27773]fpa1974[/MENTION] about this very car and offering my assistance in looking at the car. I work for an airline and offered to buy him a buddy pass to pick the car up. I told him I was going to kick the bird dog to him because I really don't care about it. He suggested we all have dinner with it, I agreed. Florian wound up not getting the car because he didn't like the color.
Tom, you really do not have to justify anything. Before knowing you, shopping for an R has been an exercise in frustration, dealing with clueless, greedy dealers and such. To me being able to get the car you want, at a reasonable price, with minimal effort while dealing with great people is worth it.

Tom not only offered to get me a free flight to get to see/buy the car but also (before then) offered to let me drive his TY R to help me make up my mind about purchasing one. I just could not make myself buy a LFG in the end, I love MG too much.

Since I have been practicing for a while now (shopping for an R) I can tell you that the only 2 leads I found worth pursuing came from 2 members here ( [MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION]). I see nothing wrong with people helping each other and I hope they will not stop doing it just because uncalled for (and uninformed) posts.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No good deed goes unpunished.

I was laughing with my wife the other day coming up with hilarious motives for Tom’s repeated bending over backwards connecting people with their cars. I think he even offered on multiple occasions to fly a shipment from party A to party B just because he happened to read the thread where the shipping need was mentioned.

A finders fee is not immoral.. and given the guy has 2 R’s, I’m sure the fee alone isn’t worth his time.

Get the hell off his back.

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The way I see it is you are being judgemental without knowing all the facts.
I'm only calling you out for being a hypocrite. You were complaining that you didn't have to help people, yet you are benefiting from it. If you want to do something, just do it. If it's not worth your time or effort, then don't. Simple. Don't get on a high horse, whine and complain, and act like you are immune to criticism.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm only calling you out for being a hypocrite. You were complaining that you didn't have to help people, yet you are benefiting from it. If you want to do something, just do it. If it's not worth your time or effort, then don't. Simple. Don't get on a high horse, whine and complain, and act like you are immune to criticism.
And you are an ignoramus. The benefit I get is a relationship with my dealer an helping people connect with a sought after car that is IMHO a fair deal and accessible. The bird dog one way or another goes back into the process.

Obviously you are the odd man out and i sense some sour grapes here. No, i dont have to do this, and when people like you come around, it makes me wonder why I do. What are you driving?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Idiots abound on this form. Don’t give them a platform by responding to them.

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
And you are an ignoramus. The benefit I get is a relationship with my dealer an helping people connect with a sought after car that is IMHO a fair deal and accessible. The bird dog one way or another goes back into the process.

Obviously you are the odd man out and i sense some sour grapes here. No, i dont have to do this, and when people like you come around, it makes me wonder why I do. What are you driving?
This is my whole point. You keep complaining. I don't feel bad for you when you are doing something that benefits you. Stop whining.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Comfort

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 GT350R base,18 GT350R
Tomster helped me locate an allocation for an 18 R through his relationship with his dealer and I had a great experience. When I went to pick it up they had another R where the deal had just fell through and was able to make a deal on both. The relationships you build whether it’s personal or business should always be important to you no matter how close or far away. Thank you Tom!

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Autonation Tustin has a LG 350R and I don't even have a motive!

mark289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500KR
Us lurkers appreciate the leads, even if hesitant to act on them.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^Well, you might well not bother with a CA dealer. I have no feeling but it would stand to reason they want tons over sticker for that car.
Sponsored