Sponsored

2017 Mustang GG PP, 55 Days in shop due to steering.

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
Hey guys, wondering if any of you have some advice for me.

Bought my mustang in British Columbia this summer so far she has 6800km’s on her, 2017 GT 6Speed with PP.
Ford Racing package 2 installed by dealership.

Approx. 2 months ago I got a steering assist failure and lost all power steering, ended up curbing the car, I had it towed to the dealership and the work began, that was on Nov 6th.

Since then it has not left the dealership, as of today I got a call from them saying it would be another 2! Weeks because they are unable to locate the steering assembly they need for the car, apparently according to them there are none in stock. They got one but it was the wrong part and wouldn’t program?

So that would put the car around 55 days -in- shop.
The dealership has been nice enough to get me a rental (a damn minivan) on their dime, but the fact is I’m paying for a car that as of today honestly has no return date.

This is very frustrating and I must say I am not amused that ford would have such a stock shortage on such a clearly important part.
:frusty:
Thoughts?
Thanks!
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I’d be saying take it and get me into a new one!

OP
OP

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
I’d be saying take it and get me into a new one!
I'd love to, but in Canada our laws don't really protect us much, there is a body I can deal with but from everything I have been reading they have no real power.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You probably already have searched yourself - but, just in case you have not, here’s some great info for your area regarding Lemons:

https://mvsabc.com/consumer-tips/what-is-a-lemon/

http://www.camvap.ca

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02324.html

You can also contact Transport Canada and let them know you need assistance because your vehicle experienced a safety concern while driving which caused immediate loss of steering due to manufacturer’s part failure.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/contact-us.htm

OP
OP

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
You probably already have searched yourself - but, just in case you have not, here’s some great info for your area regarding Lemons:

https://mvsabc.com/consumer-tips/what-is-a-lemon/

http://www.camvap.ca

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02324.html

You can also contact Transport Canada and let them know you need assistance because your vehicle experienced a safety concern while driving which caused immediate loss of steering due to manufacturer’s part failure.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/contact-us.htm
Hey, I didn't know about the last link thanks, looking into that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
I contacted them.

Hopefully something comes of this, I don't honestly want the car back, its been sitting there now for a hell long time and will be even longer, wonder how many dings/scratches it has gotten, plus being taken apart over and over. Who knows what else has broken.

Probably going to end up getting screwed but any way out of this I can find I will take, not impressed with Ford at all.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good luck with everything; it’s definitley a trying process and frustrating when your vehicle is sitting in the shop and you’re paying the note on it... I know from first hand experience myself...

The last time mine was at the Dealer this year, it was there from Aug 15 to Oct 15... and granted I had a loaner, but as you know, we’re not paying $ for a Mustang to drive anything other than that... and it’s also not the first time it was there for extended length of time.

On the US side of things, mine is being replaced with a 2018 by Ford; I’ve had enough with the ongoing vibration fiasco and I have a shit ton of documentation, which has supported my position/claim where Ford also agrees they need to do the right thing...

Try hitting up the Lemon Law thread in here, or the Country sub-forums, there might be some folks who know more than both of us who can lend some help on the Canadian side.

OP
OP

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
Good luck with everything; it’s definitley a trying process and frustrating when your vehicle is sitting in the shop and you’re paying the note on it... I know from first hand experience myself...

The last time mine was at the Dealer this year, it was there from Aug 15 to Oct 15... and granted I had a loaner, but as you know, we’re not paying $ for a Mustang to drive anything other than that... and it’s also not the first time it was there for extended length of time.

On the US side of things, mine is being replaced with a 2018 by Ford; I’ve had enough with the ongoing vibration fiasco and I have a shit ton of documentation, which has supported my position/claim where Ford also agrees they need to do the right thing...

Try hitting up the Lemon Law thread in here, or the Country sub-forums, there might be some folks who know more than both of us who can lend some help on the Canadian side.
Wow man, you really went through it, ug, not looking forward to this if that is what I have to face.

I was going to raise holy hell over having a minivan but decided just to keep it quiet and be happy with the scraps I got, however, I am serious reservations of taking this car back, it's now been apart at least three times, what did they screw up? It's not unheard of so what other surprises will I have.

I can't help but thing this has something to do with the ford racing pack 2 I had them install, it was very shortly after the install all this happened. I got to drive it like 3 times(btw wow what an improvement).

Thanks for the advice, I will do just that!

OP
OP

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
Quick annoying update.... been 55 days, STILL no part possibly not till middle of January.

I really hope these agency's come through I'm kind of annoyed at Ford over this, ridiculous.

Look's like I might make the news, have a few friends who are pretty deep into the whole social media deal(I don't even have twitter lol). Pretty ridiculous how I'm just being told to "deal with it" and keep paying my payments to drive some crap minivan.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
oh now the story is not until the 20 or 30th of jan.. Fuck ford.
I'm going full nuclear. this is bullshit.

OP
OP

BCStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 6Speed PP
Well I got their attention, they are trying to sweet talk me now into a 670hp Roush mustang, lol, payments don't change much but I have to admit, I really REALLY have issues believing these cars can apply 670hp to the road without killing everybody around them!

Reactions: A7X

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Do the swap!