Sponsored

GT 350/R Positive Post my top 10.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Just wanted to create a thread about all the great things about this car as I keep getting depressed reading all of negative posts lately.

There are enough negative threads already just post your positive stuff here please.

1. Car looks badass in any color or package!
2. I liked it so much I sold the GT 350 and bought an R.
3. Car comes with a track attack package when purchased new.
4. Driving this car on public roads does not even come close too its limits.
5. Most people give thumbs up when they see it.
6. With a skilled driver the car will hurt a lot of other cars feeling. Makes me feel like Randy Pobst even though I would be lucky to even be on the same lap as him.
7. The naturally aspirated flat plane crank at 8200 + RPMS is intoxicating.
8. These cars can go from street to track and do very well against purpose built cars and then drive home with the a/c on unless you have a base R.
9. The brakes are incredibly capable!
10. These cars all have a presence about them wherever they are, and you don't see them at every stoplight.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
On days I don't drive it, I'll open the door out to the garage and just stare at it.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I'm relatively new to tracking, second year, and I'm just shocked at the cars I'm blowing out of the water with my R. I'm running in group 1 now and literally passing most the field each session. Lots of faster cars with more hp and some track only cars but there has very very rarely been a faster driver/car. The R is just an extremely competent car, much more so than when I tracked my Ferrari 360 or tuned 996tt (not that those are fair comparisons). A lot is due to the tires which will be shot after 4 sessions l, and the fade free brakes, but damn this car tracks well!

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Reasons why I love this car.........

Extremely rare, heck I haven’t even seen a non R Shelby around these parts

That sound when you jump on it ......... :thumbsup:

It’s my 7 th Mustang ....... :ford:

Bought it over a Ferrari ......... :cheers:

In memory of my 2013 SBY Boss .........:(

It’s a Shelby ........... :amen:

Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
On days I don't drive it, I'll open the door out to the garage and just stare at it.
I've had mine for a week now and I do the same lol

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Got CEL on the way the having he oil line recall serviced after a track day, I ain't even mad.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Just wanted to create a thread about all the great things about this car as I keep getting depressed reading all of negative posts lately.

There are enough negative threads already just post your positive stuff here please.
I was just thinking the other day of creating a similar thread. Kudos for starting it. :thumbsup:
So many negative posts out there, but what about us happy owners?
:cheers:

My '16 Track Pack turns 2 years old this month and I love it as much as the day I bought it. Is it the perfect car? No. But it's pretty damn close for me. Fit, finish and overall quality is very good. Car is still tight and so far so good on reliability as well (knocks on wood). It's always a blast to drive and the sound alone leaves me smiling.

I've had my share of expensive German machinery (P cars, M cars, AMG etc), but the GT350 simply rocks! Nothing else like it!
:ford:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lots of thrills for the money. Thanks for posting.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I liked my '17 GT350 so much that I never gave up the hunt for an R until I was able to get one in '18. So, here's my version of a top ten as it relates to the R, though many apply to both versions.

1) The sound – oh, that sound…….
2) S550 looks, but turned up to 11
3) Technology – Flat plane crank, first use of carbon fiber wheels on a mass-produced car, and a Multimatic carbon fiber wing
4) Availability as a stripper – throwback to the old days for guys who like that sort of thing
5) Bang for the buck – even with an ADM, it’s still a ton of car for the money
6) Brakes – fade free performance and incredible looks
7) Chassis composure – MagneRide flexibility to deal with rough roads and smooth tracks
8) Success as a whole – everything seems to work together right out of the box – size, HP, grip, trans/shifter, visibility, etc…
9) Ownership experience – friends it’s introduced me to, owner’s supplement, the search for swag, etc…
10) Rarity / collectability – amazing street cred for a Mustang

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I left one major item I love about my car out of my previous post. My car uses no oil and this is over 2000 miles.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
One morning my neighbor came outside to tell me his windows resonate at the same frequency as my exhaust on start-up. I apologized. He said no, in his ideal world that would be the only wake up call he'd ever want.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
[...]
[...]
10. These cars all have a presence about them wherever they are, and you don't see them at every stoplight.
Complete truth. Last friday night I took the wife & both kids to the local ice cream & burger joint with outdoor seating since it was nice out. (Add that as #11... the regular GT350, at least, can do all of 1-10 and carry a family of four to the local cruise-in!) During the 90 minutes we were out and about, we had:
- A carload of college-age guys hanging out their windows at a stoplight, giving us multiple thumbs-up and yelling "do a pull! do a pull!";
- A guy at the burger place come over and start taking pictures of my car with his smartphone; and
- A guy in a semi, who was stopped at a light next to us, yell down "beautiful car! How fast will it go?"

...all of which I've learned to expect, any time I'm out driving in this car. It's great for the ego, for sure. :cool:

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang

1. Car looks badass in any color or package!
2. I liked it so much I sold the GT 350 and bought an R.
3. Car comes with a track attack package when purchased new.
4. Driving this car on public roads does not even come close too its limits.
6. With a skilled driver the car will hurt a lot of other cars feeling. Makes me feel like Randy Pobst even though I would be lucky to even be on the same lap as him.
7. The naturally aspirated flat plane crank at 8200 + RPMS is intoxicating.
8. These cars can go from street to track and do very well against purpose built cars and then drive home with the a/c on unless you have a base R.
9. The brakes are incredibly capable!
Love this thread, but for me, 4. is a downer. I believe there's some truth to the saying "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow". On curvy country roads at 60mph, you can hear the car yawning as it's about to fall asleep. It doesn't break a sweat. You half expect it to talk and say "wtf is this shyte? I thought we were going to VIR".

Don't get me wrong, I love my GT350, but the level of performance is so high that to me it only comes alive on a track.
Sponsored