SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Oh trust me. I've used car-part 100s of times. Scorced some good deals on Brembo Calipers.

It just seems every time I ask if they will send the APIM with the screen too. They get confused. So I'm worried I'm going to get something wrong.

I've looked on ebay but definitely haven't found any good deals.
Ebay is tough but I did get a Sat/HD ACM for $20 bucks lol.
Sponsored

Tomei.sd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] I also sent you a PM regarding the harness. Thanks.

Last edited:

Red18GT

DanO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red GT
Just finished the Sync3 swap in my 2018 and I wish I'd just ordered a harness from Hextall. That's several hours of wiring and pin swapping I'll never get back. Everything works great except the backup camera. I updated sync to version 3.0 hoping that might fix things but it didn't. Just to be sure, are the wires for the backup camera are supposed to be a white/green wire and a brown/violet wire?

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You have PM, my new harness takes all of the worry and confusion out for those who are re-pinning. No more crimping or soldering. Just change your pins, insert the two (or three for TraveLink customers) mini harnesses that I send you and enjoy. For people that do not want to change pins my plug n play is the way to go. I'm also providing free programming data and instructions for the new harness as well as the 100% plug and play. Easier and cheaper for everyone!

Also, lots of questions about sourcing Sync 3 APIM/Touchscreens. I am working on something for people who are in need of help. Hope to have something soon.
Lets just hope they can get the parts in to make the harnesses...

Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just so there is no confusion; if you ordered a harness it’s been built and is sitting the box waiting for the shipment of correctly keyed latch connectors. As soon as I have the correct latch connector it will be attached and sent out to you the same day.
I realize that people don’t like to wait but this is not something I had any control over. When you’re building custom parts (and selling them basically at cost to show members of this board appreciation) things like this can happen. Again, I’m asking for patience.
For the people who asked for a harness and didn’t pay yet as soon as I have the part I will reply to your PMs.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the good work hextall! Waiting sucks but at less then half the price of 4D the wait is worth it. I'm sure everyone can agree.

badsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm still having issues trying to find all the parts. There's no way I'm paying $2400 from 4dtech or infotainment lol :|

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Thanks for the good work hextall! Waiting sucks but at less then half the price of 4D the wait is worth it. I'm sure everyone can agree.
Not really. It depends on your priorities. I'm old, and time is priority for me, so I paid the price to 4D and have been enjoying a flawless system for over a year. I got it just in time for a 4 day Mustang group trip (which I am getting ready to repeat this week). The hardest part of the install was taking the dash apart (which they have video for). Hextall DOES provide an excellent service for those who don't mind waiting and like the diy approach. I diy on plenty of other projects for the same reasons.

I only say this for those who may wonder about the quality of the 4D system. It really is plug and play. I have even since updated the software from another source...but that needs to be done carefully. I am leaving well enough alone at this point. But, I love CarPlay, and this system does it perfectly.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Does this swap out the base model 3 black buttons for the chromed toggles as well? Is there a specific thread for only those?

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Does this swap out the base model 3 black buttons for the chromed toggles as well? Is there a specific thread for only those?
I can only speak for the 4D kit. You order according to your model/setup. I have the Premium with the chrome toggles. There was no swap of them. I also had MFT already, and hd radio/XM, which carried over. I paid extra for NAV, as that does not carry over. I only got NAV in case CarPlay was ever down. Really haven't had to use it yet, but it does work well. Voice commands are not as simple as CarPlay, however.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I figure $174.99 for a hand built harness with better components vs. $299.99 (+$50 if you want your camera to work) made from Chinese connectors and weak terminals is a pretty good deal. But it’s not as easy as people seem to think. It took almost a year for things to come together. The problem with the current supply is 100% Tycos fault and they are helping as best they can.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is there a Thread for that swap? I can't find it.
If I'm not mistaken you cant add just the chrome switches with the base radio.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.