Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

Performance. Sound. Fitment. Options. Muscle.

Presenting the AWE Performance Mustang GT Exhaust Suite: available online at AmericanMuscle.com, and through AWE Premium Dealers.

• Dual and quad tip cat-back configurations available for genuine GT350 and GT350 “style” replica valances​
  • No compromises: All the muscle with zero drone​
  • Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house, in the USA​
  • Cat-back and axle-back options available​
  • Available as valved SwitchPath™ Exhaust (with SwitchPath™ remote), sophisticated Touring Edition or unleashed Track Edition​
  • Max gains of 8 hp and 18 ft-lbs of torque to the crank​
  • Touring Edition features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®​
  • Precision-engineered H-pipe included in each cat-back configuration​
  • Full 3” diameter system on cat-back​
  • 4” double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black​
  • Less is more: clean, non-baffled, straight-through design maximizes performance​
  • Handcrafted from U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent .065” wall T304L stainless steel​
  • Direct bolt-on system for factory-like simplicity​
  • No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed​
  • Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed​
  • Featuring the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty​

The Options:

Touring Edition Exhausts

Cat-back Exhaust

A direct bolt-on, straight through design, the Touring Edition Exhaust is a full 3” diameter exhaust featuring two bullet style resonators and an H-pipe that brings out a smooth muscle tone with no drone throughout the entire range… all of the time, thanks to AWE’s 180 Technology®.

dual-touring-under.png

dual-touring-1.png

Sound Perfection: 180 Technology® by AWE:

As exhaust gases exit the Mustang GT’s 5.0L engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on 180 Technology® by AWE right this way.

180-close.png

Track Edition Exhausts

Cat-back Exhaust

If raw and rowdy are your speed, the Track Edition is your dose of steel. The loudest of the lot, the Track Edition Cat-back Exhaust retains all the engineering and precision of the Touring Edition, including the H-pipe and 3” diameter tubing, minus the 180 Technology®. The result? Completely raw wake-the-dead level muscle.

dual-track-under.png
dual-track-1.png

Data:

AWE-S550-MUSTANG-GT-CRANK-WEBSITE.jpg

AWE-S550-MUSTANG-GT-WHEEL-WEBSITE.jpg

Tip Options:

All tip options include the AWE logo and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.

• 4” slash-cut diamond black tips
• 4” slash-cut chrome silver tips

dual-chrome-rear.png
dual-black-rear.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Nice.
Could you post a vid of the GT Touring Edition axle back using the stock resonator?

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Sub

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Love the tone on these exhausts! Would you say the quiet mode sounds like the touring version and the loud mode sounds like the track version?

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Finally some exhaust vids. Well done, btw.

Maybe it doesn't translate well in video, but I was hoping for more of a difference in the variable exhaust. Quiet doesn't seem that much quieter... just a different tone.

But again, these types of things usually need to be heard in person.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
^^ I was expecting a bigger change in volume too

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Yeah, so loud mode closes off the H pipe? Kinda weird...
I too was expecting more of a difference... Maybe it is easier to tell in person, but it seems almost identical...

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
With headphones on, the difference is noticeable. Everything does however sound a bit muffled. Hopefully american muscle can get some videos up soon with these exhausts to compare them to their other videos.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Definitely a deep and throaty American muscle sound! The remote for the switch path is really cool. Is that a totally wireless fob?

Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
The sound on the touring cat-back is really nice. Well done.

I still haven't picked up a cat-back yet. I was dead set on Corsa sport based on exhaust note and no drone, but I might just wait a while for this to get out in the wild and see others' impressions.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Love the tone on these exhausts! Would you say the quiet mode sounds like the touring version and the loud mode sounds like the track version?
Thanks! With the valve in the open state it is the equivalent to Touring Edition, and with it open, it's not quite Track Edition, rather an amplified, more aggressive Touring Edition tone. This is because the SwitchPath™ Cat-back features 180 Technology®, while the Track Edition does not. It's essentially the best of both world minus the headache-coaxing drone. :)

Sounds great! I would love to hear it in person.
Thank you!

Finally some exhaust vids. Well done, btw.

Maybe it doesn't translate well in video, but I was hoping for more of a difference in the variable exhaust. Quiet doesn't seem that much quieter... just a different tone.

But again, these types of things usually need to be heard in person.
I know the wait was nearing painful, but thank you!

Yeah, so loud mode closes off the H pipe? Kinda weird...
I too was expecting more of a difference... Maybe it is easier to tell in person, but it seems almost identical...
Yes, loud mode closes the crossover. Open=scavenging.

With headphones on, the difference is noticeable.
I encourage headphone usage. Definitely can't hurt.

Definitely a deep and throaty American muscle sound! The remote for the switch path is really cool. Is that a totally wireless fob?
Agreed! Correct, the SwitchPath™ communicated to the controller wirelessly.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
The sound on the touring cat-back is really nice. Well done.

I still haven't picked up a cat-back yet. I was dead set on Corsa sport based on exhaust note and no drone, but I might just wait a while for this to get out in the wild and see others' impressions.
Thanks for the kind words. I highly encourage holding off. :amen:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming this is with stock exhaust manifolds. Have you tested with headers at all? I'm wondering if the quiet setting is a moot point.

As far setup, I was expecting cutouts rather than a balancing valve. I'm assuming the location of the crossover tube is ideal with pressure waves and sound cancelling. Still sounds good though. :cheers:

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
Since track edition does not include the 180 technology, should we expect any drone with that system?
Sponsored