Sponsored

Possible to convert a 2018 to a 2017 front?

California

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
What parts needed to be changed? I love the 2018 except for the front, where i like the look of the GT350. I tried to put down a list of parts. Has anyone done this before or thinking of?

Headlights
Hood
Bumper
Side Quarter Panels

Anything else?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Y tho

Just wait for some aftermarket options instead of chopping up the front half of the vehicle to make it work. There's probably some other stuff like the fender liners and belly pan type things that you'll have to account for as well, not sure if the bumper bar is different at all either.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thatā€™s just dumb ... the 18 is a better car and I think looks better now that Iā€™ve owned it for a while

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
swap with someone lol

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
As much as I prefer the pre-18 front end, I think that would be an incredible amount of work and many more parts you'd find along the way that you'd need and possibly have to custom fabricate.

Why not just buy a lightly used 2017 and add some mods to make it faster than an 18?

OP
OP

California

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
As much as I prefer the pre-18 front end, I think that would be an incredible amount of work and many more parts you'd find along the way that you'd need and possibly have to custom fabricate.

Why not just buy a lightly used 2017 and add some mods to make it faster than an 18?
Iā€™m based in India where ford only plans to sel the RHD 5.0 Premium GT, else I would have gone with the original GT350. The main thing I want are the magnetorheological dampers and the only way I can get a mustang with that suspension in India is the new ā€˜18 facelift.

Y tho

Just wait for some aftermarket options instead of chopping up the front half of the vehicle to make it work. There's probably some other stuff like the fender liners and belly pan type things that you'll have to account for as well, not sure if the bumper bar is different at all either.
Yes I think thatā€™s a much more preferred option to just add an aftermarket front fascia but as has been said, thereā€™s very little thatā€™s been released so far for the new facelift.
Sponsored