Sponsored

17 gt base to 15 mft screen and apim

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Can I buy a non nav apim and then have the nav part put it later?
As far as i know the APIM itself cannot be upgraded. You either get nav or non-nav. After using Sync 3 with Android auto and Waze you'll realize you don't need factory nav.

OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Well I'm not sure what I want to do I don't wanna spend $1500 for just a touchscreen and am doesn't sell the raxiom anymore. Does anyone make a aftermarket head unit that works with sync?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Can I buy a non nav apim and then have the nav part put it later?

Will this work?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-20...248976?hash=item41dc05e890:g:vkAAAOSwg55alYSk
The only thing we got when we upgraded my wife's system was the screen with the APIM attached. It looks like this includes the entire infotainment system. You might check with your dealer to see if they can give you more information about whether or not this equipment can be installed in your car if you plan to use it all. Whatever you do you'll need the faceplate that goes with the larger touchscreen. This will probably include all the HVAC controls. I've never seen a GT 350, so I can't say whether the faceplate and HVAC controls are the same on those cars or not. I also can't tell you whether the connectors on your car will have to be changed.

My recommendation is you look at some photos of cars with the larger screen and check with your dealer about connectors.

OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
So is it possible to just run the mft now and is the wiring harness the same. I just want the big screen for now I'll do the sync3 later when I have the money for it
Sponsored