Sponsored

2018 GT engine rattle.

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
[MENTION=25527]FISHTAIL[/MENTION] are they Gona fix your trans or let you deal with it ?
Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hmm.. But autos and my truck have the same noise.. I'd think that would point to the engine..

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=25527]FISHTAIL[/MENTION] are they Gona fix your trans or let you deal with it ?
They said it was normal, so no.

Hmm.. But autos and my truck have the same noise.. I'd think that would point to the engine..
I'd agree there, though in my specific case, even I was able to hear it under the car. It's how I found my oil leak. I bought a cheap gopro knockoff to mount around the car, so I'll see if I can confirm their finding after I get the car back from the oil leak repair. Mine sounds exactly the same as the videos posted here, but perhaps it isn't. Or it was mis diagnosed by the dealership..but they did at least confirm they could hear it.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
They said it was normal, so no.

I'd agree there, though in my specific case, even I was able to hear it under the car. It's how I found my oil leak. I bought a cheap gopro knockoff to mount around the car, so I'll see if I can confirm their finding after I get the car back from the oil leak repair. Mine sounds exactly the same as the videos posted here, but perhaps it isn't. Or it was mis diagnosed by the dealership..but they did at least confirm they could hear it.
Yeah, the tech when I was there thought it was coming from under the car as well.. Just kinda odd...

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Yeah, the tech when I was there thought it was coming from under the car as well.. Just kinda odd...
That wouldn't surprise me, as my car sounds EXACTLY like your video. And yours was a manual too yes? It's different than the auto video posted where the rattle is very brief during shifts, where as mine will persist for as long as I want it too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang 2018 PP Mustang GT
Update

Ford approved my buy back today. Already on the hunt for a 10r80 premium 401a PP with active exhaust. Was kicking around the show stopper red recaros but doubt there's a car with those exact options close enough in shadow black.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Congrats man. This should be a wake up call to people with the bbq tick and rattles. It's not normal and the dealers need to figure out wtf is going on.

Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm pretty sure his got bought back because of the lack of supply for clutch/tranny parts..

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Like I said in your other thread, I hope that you're a patient person. Ford definitely takes their sweet ass time with everything regarding the replacement process.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Hi everyone, I probably chatted with some of you on youtube. I have a 2018 GT manual with 1500 miles. Noticed this noise from when I first bought the car which already had 500 miles on it. Original dealer said it was normal. Took it to a different dealer who replicated the noise which happens between 2000-2500 rpm and stays constant when I hold it at 2200 rpm. The heavy line tech dropped a scope and found cylinder damage to #5,6,7 and 8. No metal was found in the oil pan. He submitted a report to Ford recommending a full engine replacement. He believes it is from excessive piston slap. Now I'm just waiting for approval from Ford. It's been in the shop for almost two weeks now.

Here is my engine rattle. At 00:16 I hold the rpm at 2200.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Hi everyone, I probably chatted with some of you on youtube. I have a 2018 GT manual with 1500 miles. Noticed this noise from when I first bought the car which already had 500 miles on it. Original dealer said it was normal. Took it to a different dealer who replicated the noise which happens between 2000-2500 rpm and stays constant when I hold it at 2200 rpm. The heavy line tech dropped a scope and found cylinder damage to #5,6,7 and 8. No metal was found in the oil pan. He submitted a report to Ford recommending a full engine replacement. He believes it is from excessive piston slap. Now I'm just waiting for approval from Ford. It's been in the shop for almost two weeks now.

Here is my engine rattle. At 00:16 I hold the rpm at 2200.

I'll have a listen when I get home from work, as I'm curious how yours sounds. Did the tech snap any shots that you can share? I'd be curious to see what kind of damage he was looking at. Kinda weird that he would see evidence of piston slap across one entire bank.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Sounds just like cjldad's F-150 video above. I've been asking the tech for pics but haven't gotten them yet. They took pics of all cylinders from what I understand. Lots of others with the same noise that dealers have said they were normal. It's also not spark knock since guys that use 91/93 also have the noise in the same rpm range. Really weird.
Sponsored