SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
Wow i consider myself lucky. I found a Nav APIM and screen perfect condition from a 2017 C max. $285 shipped. My advice would be to hawk Car-Part I did it only took me a week to find something. remember all 2017 screens are sync 3 and some 2016 are. does not have to be mustang. I just limped through the install leaning on several members here because i have no electrical or forscan experience. I did not need the hub and usb's. I am running Android Auto. So id say all in I spent under $500 and that includes a bezel.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Found an 8" screen from a 2017 Escape thats wrecked for $135 shipped. Will that work and is that a good deal?

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found an 8" screen from a 2017 Escape thats wrecked for $135 shipped. Will that work and is that a good deal?

Yes it will work. You will need to get brackets though. I would say that is a good price. Even of it doesn't have nav.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
As long as it’s the screen and the APIM it’s a pretty good deal. As Jim said watching Car-Part.com will yield the best prices. However, if you purchase an APIM from a wrecked car be certain to ask for the VIN that the car was removed from.

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is the best part description to search for on car-part.com for the screen/APM?
-A/C Control Computer
-Amplifier/Radio
-Audio/Visual (A/V)
-GPS Screen
-Heater-A/C Control
-Radio/CD
-TV Screen

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So basically this screen/APIM from a 2017 Escape will work as long as I get Mustang brackets and new Mustang bezel?
Escape radio.jpg

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
As long as it’s the screen and the APIM it’s a pretty good deal. As Jim said watching Car-Part.com will yield the best prices. However, if you purchase an APIM from a wrecked car be certain to ask for the VIN that the car was removed from.
I recommend calling the source of the salvaged part. I think that some of these are screen only and may not be APIM and screen. To be safe I am also looking at 2017 model year parts as there is discussion that some early 2016's may not be Sync 3 although for Mustangs I believe they all are, correct me if I am wrong.

I am putting together a shopping list now. Great winter project!

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
All 2016 Mustangs received Sync 3. Most salvage facilities are selling touchscreen and APIMs together because frankly most of them don’t teally Ford considers them separate parts.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So basically this screen/APIM from a 2017 Escape will work as long as I get Mustang brackets and new Mustang bezel?
Yes, you just need to flash as built data from a Premium car that is identical to your options

Sponsored

TommyLiveoak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Getting a little confused if there is someone that did the base to Sync 3 I could chat with that would be great! I understand the pin moving ( I think) and that went fine not sure which plugs and the adding portion.

Thanks,
Tommy

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I got it all except I can't find the abs 760 for the drive modes. Is it in the BCM?it only goes to 726
No, it's in the ABS module. All ABS values start with 760.

If you can't see the ABS module, you may need to flip the switch on your ELM327 adapter. If your adapter doesn't have a switch and it isn't an ODBLink MX Bluetooth, you're SOL and you need to buy a better adapter.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it's in the ABS module. All ABS values start with 760.

If you can't see the ABS module, you may need to flip the switch on your ELM327 adapter. If your adapter doesn't have a switch and it isn't an ODBLink MX Bluetooth, you're SOL and you need to buy a better adapter.
Thanks Spart I flipped the switch. I'm good.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried to make a phone call. Pressed voice button on steering wheel, white bar at the top says say a command then it turns green and says speak now. There is no noise coming from sync like a chime or sync saying please say a command. Either way I speak and say "call so and so" it connects I see my phone dialing. But the call is not put through my speakers. It stays on my phone. Yed Bluetooth is connected.
Any help?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Tried to make a phone call. Pressed voice button on steering wheel, white bar at the top says say a command then it turns green and says speak now. There is no noise coming from sync like a chime or sync saying please say a command. Either way I speak and say "call so and so" it connects I see my phone dialing. But the call is not put through my speakers. It stays on my phone. Yed Bluetooth is connected.
Any help?
Could be a phone problem, but I have had luck with my base ACM, Sync 3 swap and the changes that I detailed in my post. Phone calls through the car seem just fine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.