Sponsored

Forgot to show you guys, Whippled GT350 Fun and Sounds

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
These videos were from the TX2k18 event a few weeks ago.

I entered the car into the RollRace Nationals just for fun. 800ish RWHP is not enough to play in that crowd lol. The car averaged 149ish mph

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgXYf1RgQ5f/

Then took it over to a shop sponsored TX2k dyno night, not bad for dyno'ing after a 1.5 hour heat soaking cruise and nasty humid air

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgdDSxTARBz/

My cars mods are a Whipple Gen3 kit @8-9psi, whipple tune, MS109 Fuel, Kooks Headers w/ green cats, custom double x-pipe and Magnaflow Catback.
Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I miss the loud SC whine from the Terminator cobras... The whipple, you can barely hear. How much does that setup cost?

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
very nice...makes me want to add a whipple.

OP
OP
GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
I miss the loud SC whine from the Terminator cobras... The whipple, you can barely hear. How much does that setup cost?
Yeah, its a fairly quiet blower, If you remove the lid from Whipples closed airbox it gets a bit louder. And I waited for lethal to have their black Friday sale to buy mine last year at 25% off. I ended up spending close to $7800 for the blower and install labor. To me, its the only engine mod worth doing. Looking back I would of skipped the headers and put that money into the blower first. It amplified an already great car and made it perfect IMHO.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Those roots chargers have a lot of turbulence and harmonics going on, hence the whine. It's actually good thing when the superchargers have less mechanical noise because it's less energy loss. But I'm with you that it does sound badass.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Very nice setup :) I run Kooks as well, but I have the O/R Mid pipes, and I kept the OEM mufflers. I have once thought I would do turbo's but that went out of the window...The Whipple though..,.I am hearing a lot of success stories with that mod.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Did you have to use the K-Member spacer kit for this to fit ? If so did you have to adjust your drive line and pinion angles ?

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Did you upgrade anything else... clutch, fuel injectors, etc.? Just curious.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
sounds like a decent amount of whine in the roll race video. 0-10, how much better is simply driving on the street?!

OP
OP
GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have to use the K-Member spacer kit for this to fit ? If so did you have to adjust your drive line and pinion angles ?
The installer did not mention anything about it

Did you upgrade anything else... clutch, fuel injectors, etc.? Just curious.
The kit came with everything needed, 72lb Injectors, throttle body, CAI, Tune, etc. The clutch is still stock for now, its holding up well and I imagine it will be okay until I put some stickier tires on it.

sounds like a decent amount of whine in the roll race video. 0-10, how much better is simply driving on the street?!
10, it makes the car feel like its 1000lbs lighter under normal operation. Its way, way more responsive. Its still a very linear power band so the behavior of the car is very predictable. Its just amplified tremendously past 3500 rpms

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
I'm so wanting to do this mod, but I'm scared as hell of breaking this engine. I've seen so many people throw a Whipple on these things, but then they seem to fall off the map (too busy driving and having fun, I guess). I think I need to see some "high mileage" (30-40k miles) Whipple experiences before I can get comfortable doing this.

In the meantime, I'll keep living vicariously through you GrapeApe! Hopefully we cross paths on Houston’s version of NASCAR, err, I mean Beltway 8 or the world’s longest drag strip, um, I mean SH99.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Huh, this is from Lethals website

https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...c-complete-kit-intercooled-tbd-psi-black.html

Kits include:
Whipple 2.9L front feed compressor
132mm high flow throttle body
72 lb/hr Fuel Injectors
Flare Tool Tuning Device with Special Whipple Calibration
OEM style cast lower manifold
High flow intercooler
High flow intercooler pump
High capacity, oversized heat exchanger
Cold air kit
Drive belt and pullies (TBD supercharger pulley)
K Member spacer kit (REQUIRED to fit the supercharger under the OEM hood)

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I'm so wanting to do this mod, but I'm scared as hell of breaking this engine. I've seen so many people throw a Whipple on these things, but then they seem to fall off the map (too busy driving and having fun, I guess). I think I need to see some "high mileage" (30-40k miles) Whipple experiences before I can get comfortable doing this.

In the meantime, I'll keep living vicariously through you GrapeApe! Hopefully we cross paths on Houston’s version of NASCAR, err, I mean Beltway 8 or the world’s longest drag strip, um, I mean SH99.
Actually there are tons of guys using all types of boost on these engines and so far the only 3 failures I am aware of was one ate a tensioner, and the other ate the OPG. One guy had a crank snout issue but it was likely due to a piss poor installation. These were all procharger high output installations. I would consider a OPG and CS gear replacement mandatory. High compression will make it more susceptible to bad fuel, but just watch your knock and show a bit of common sense. I would keep a can of Boostane in the trunk at all times. The Whipple calibration leaves some power on the table but they also used a Ford OEM grade calibrator as well as measured NVH and backed off when they saw increases in vibration / harmonics.
Sponsored