Forgot to show you guys, Whippled GT350 Fun and Sounds

OP
OP
GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
Huh, this is from Lethals website

https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...c-complete-kit-intercooled-tbd-psi-black.html

Kits include:
Whipple 2.9L front feed compressor
132mm high flow throttle body
72 lb/hr Fuel Injectors
Flare Tool Tuning Device with Special Whipple Calibration
OEM style cast lower manifold
High flow intercooler
High flow intercooler pump
High capacity, oversized heat exchanger
Cold air kit
Drive belt and pullies (TBD supercharger pulley)
K Member spacer kit (REQUIRED to fit the supercharger under the OEM hood)

Yeah this kit was ordered from Lethal on Black Friday 2017. I’ll try to find the packing slip to see what all was in the boxes. If they were in there I’m sure my installer took all the precautions to make everything operate as designed. Definitely no new vibrations or anything noticed that would indicate a drivetrain alignment issue. None that I can feel at least.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
I'm so wanting to do this mod, but I'm scared as hell of breaking this engine. I've seen so many people throw a Whipple on these things, but then they seem to fall off the map (too busy driving and having fun, I guess). I think I need to see some "high mileage" (30-40k miles) Whipple experiences before I can get comfortable doing this.

In the meantime, I'll keep living vicariously through you GrapeApe! Hopefully we cross paths on Houston’s version of NASCAR, err, I mean Beltway 8 or the world’s longest drag strip, um, I mean SH99.
I'm right around the corner in Friendswood/ League City, Im surprised we haven't seen each other yet.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Yeah this kit was ordered from Lethal on Black Friday 2017. I’ll try to find the packing slip to see what all was in the boxes. If they were in there I’m sure my installer took all the precautions to make everything operate as designed. Definitely no new vibrations or anything noticed that would indicate a drivetrain alignment issue. None that I can feel at least.

Assuming u have to get rid of the strut tower brace correct ? U should be able to see the k member spacer if u look under the car.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
The installer did not mention anything about it

The kit came with everything needed, 72lb Injectors, throttle body, CAI, Tune, etc. The clutch is still stock for now, its holding up well and I imagine it will be okay until I put some stickier tires on it.

10, it makes the car feel like its 1000lbs lighter under normal operation. Its way, way more responsive. Its still a very linear power band so the behavior of the car is very predictable. Its just amplified tremendously past 3500 rpms
I'm going to see what This Black Friday brings. Definitely interested in this, if I don't sell my car before then :headbonk:

OP
OP
GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming u have to get rid of the strut tower brace correct ? U should be able to see the k member spacer if u look under the car.
Yes, you get to retain the strut to firewall bracing but the strut to strut cross section wont clear the supercharger in its stock location. Ive seen a guy on youtube that retained his by using custom spacers to get it to clear the blower and is still able to close the hood.

I do not see the spacers on the car or packing list, and I didn't order anything other than the gen 3 supercharger kit for this car so maybe its leftover info from the last gen blower kit that was made to fit from the standard Coyote kit?

This is directly from Whipples description for the GT350 specific kit

-Fits under factory hood with no modifications
-No internal modifications required
-Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=381

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Yes, you get to retain the strut to firewall bracing but the strut to strut cross section wont clear the supercharger in its stock location. Ive seen a guy on youtube that retained his by using custom spacers to get it to clear the blower and is still able to close the hood.

I do not see the spacers on the car or packing list, and I didn't order anything other than the gen 3 supercharger kit for this car so maybe its leftover info from the last gen blower kit that was made to fit from the standard Coyote kit?

This is directly from Whipples description for the GT350 specific kit

-Fits under factory hood with no modifications
-No internal modifications required
-Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=381
One more question... what if, and this is just a question, the engine pops for whatever reason, like many before, would Whipple cover this or do you think ford would blame it on the SC?

God forbid this happens to your engine, but if it does, what would be your process? I want this thing so bad... wish it whines louder as I’m a big poser :headbang: but the hp gain is really hard to pass on.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed this kit myself two weeks ago. you have to change the motor mounts for hood clearance for the blower.

Jack

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I just installed this kit myself two weeks ago. you have to change the motor mounts for hood clearance for the blower.

Jack
How hard was the install, overall?

OP
OP
GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more question... what if, and this is just a question, the engine pops for whatever reason, like many before, would Whipple cover this or do you think ford would blame it on the SC?

God forbid this happens to your engine, but if it does, what would be your process? I want this thing so bad... wish it whines louder as I’m a big poser :headbang: but the hp gain is really hard to pass on.

Dude, you cant put that evil into the air like that LOL, I suddenly have the urge to purchase a billet OPG..... But seriously, at 800+hp I think depending on anyone's warranty program is going to be a headache. If the situation were to present itself id probably put the blame on myself for exceeding the engines intended use and HP by 55% and pony up out of pocket to build a boost friendly voodoo and push higher.

And if you need more whine there's a kit available somewhere that actually increases the blower sounds in the cabin by using a different airbox and intake tube. I think he's a sponsor on this board.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
A per whipple installation instruction 47.

In order to clear the hood correctly, you must install the lower motor mounts. The fabricated mounts are direct replacements of the factory mounts. The modified steel brackets come with spacers, but these are NOT used in standard applications. Using an engine jack, jack under the oil pan and relieve the engine mounts. Remove the stock engine mounts, use the shorter supplied bolt. Torque the K-member to 41 lbs-ft. Torque motor mount to engine, 46 lbs-ft.

But they must be on crack as the first guy that puts a jack on that oil pan will destroy it.

Sponsored

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How hard was the install, overall?

Not bad at all just time consuming.

I also replaced the OPG and timing gear. So that added to the job.

Took me to weekends to get it all done.

Jack

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Subscribing .
I have had my whipple sitting at the dealer that does all my work since it was delivered in February.
I was starting to get cold feet especially as the car felt so strong in the cooler weather.
Now that the temps are climbing it does feel like it needs something " a little extra" again especially since I have started driving my "race cars "- 5.2/Hellion and 5.2/KB car .Even the "the latest " my 18 feels faster .

I know ....too many cars but I am really thinking of selling the race cars if the Whippled GT 350 is all that. I am hoping it keeps that OEM feel while delivering all the power I need for the occasional run at the strip . I would be happy with mid 10's .

Race cars are no longer that much fun as I typically get to make only one pass at the local strip before getting told to slow down . I don't run again as don't want to run 1/8 or get kicked out .The Hellion car is not bad on the street and can be dailied but the KB car is awful with the rear seat delete and recaro race seats .
I would hate to put a cage in them but they really don't feel safe anymore (especially the KB -not sure the airbags work with the race seats )

Anyone want a couple of "race cars " ?
Lol

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thank you so much for your review . It sounds like this may be the "one " once the whipple is installed.
You may not be so inclined but have you made any 1/4 miles passes ?
Sponsored