avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Found out yesterday some early deliveries were sent out with a smaller thread on the towing eye so it wont fit.Dealer has ordered the right one for me.
Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Does anyone know what any of this from FordEtis resolved publications means:
It hasn't changed for over a month, so I assume the car is on its way to me?

Deliverable Type
SBD (9) 3836
WSM (1) 3336
EPRODUCT INTRO (11) 6610
DIAGNOSTIC (14) 3481
MBT (2) 3737
GLOBAL WIRING (17) 300000026
My apologies, Jim. I've just noticed the "Resolved Publications" are in a separate tab. Mine shows exactly the same as yours.

Mine has updated also. :D
Outstanding :cheers: Hopefully they'll be on the same ship.

Jim W

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.emco.co.uk
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 E63s AMG, 18MY GT Convertible
Etis has loads of info now. Blend date was 22nd March, build date is shown as 26th March. There's a long list of Primary and Minor Features. I don't see 'settled' anywhere, but I guess the car is on its way to me.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
May I ask where you guys are looking for info related to your orders and what details you need?

I have my copy of the dealer, vehicle order form, but no VIN.

Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
May I ask where you guys are looking for info related to your orders and what details you need?

I have my copy of the dealer, vehicle order form, but no VIN.
Hi. Just to add to what Parko said, your dealer will be able to give you your VIN, but not right away. When did you place the order? It was over two months after ordering that my VIN went live.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for the replies and information.

I completed and signed my vehicle order form, 10th Jan 2018.
Although I joined the queue at that particular dealer in October 2017, giving them a ÂŁ1k deposit in Nov 17.

Ta.
:)

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Thanks for the replies and information.

I completed and signed my vehicle order form, 10th Jan 2018.
Although I joined the queue at that particular dealer in October 2017, giving them a ÂŁ1k deposit in Nov 17.

Ta.
:)
I feel your pain. I was badgering my dealer from February last year, as soon as the 2018 was announced, so thought I would be one of the first to actually get one. Shows what I know :headbonk:

Your VIN should definitely be available by now.

Cheers,

Paul.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I feel your pain. I was badgering my dealer from February last year, as soon as the 2018 was announced, so thought I would be one of the first to actually get one. Shows what I know :headbonk:

Your VIN should definitely be available by now.

Cheers,

Paul.
February? Wow! Your dealer sounds to have been more enthusiastic than mine. I thought I was being an early bird by walking into the showroom in September / October 2017.
When I did, the chap I spoke to appeared to know nothing about the 2018MY, although in mitigation to the sales man, it seems Ford hadn't distributed any literature to U.K. showrooms even as late as September 17.

Your reply has got me wondering now, whether to allow my impatience to get the better of me and become a PITA for my dealer.
Or try, as futile as that may be, to wait patiently.

However, the general impression I have of my dealer is they have little to no interest in my order. I guess for folk who sell cars all day, every day, the novelty of selling and seeing new cars, must by now have become a distant memory.

Sponsored

Jim W

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.emco.co.uk
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
February? Wow! Your dealer sounds to have been more enthusiastic than mine. I thought I was being an early bird by walking into the showroom in September / October 2017.
When I did, the chap I spoke to appeared to know nothing about the 2018MY, although in mitigation to the sales man, it seems Ford hadn't distributed any literature to U.K. showrooms even as late as September 17.

Your reply has got me wondering now, whether to allow my impatience to get the better of me and become a PITA for my dealer.

However, the general impression I have of my dealer is they have little to no interest in my order. I guess for folk who sell cars all day, every day, the novelty of selling and seeing new cars, must by now have become a distant memory.
This is ridiculous. If your dealer ordered your car from Ford he would certainly have your VIN by now. Either give them a call or march in and ask for it.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT

I think this disinterested dealer syndrome is fairly common. I'm lucky with mine, he's very obliging, but he's only as good as the information he has access to. The minute he had the VIN he emailed me though because he knows this is a big deal to me.

I had a provisional order in super-early, but as you say, the UK dealers were kept in the dark until much later in the year. In the interest of full disclosure, I also slipped back by at least a month because I changed my colour choice to Kona blue, which is considered non-standard.

Jim W

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.emco.co.uk
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I had a provisional order in super-early, but as you say, the UK dealers were kept in the dark until much later in the year. In the interest of full disclosure, I also slipped back by at least a month because I changed my colour choice to Kona blue, which is considered non-standard.
Kona Blue is lovely. I had a 2012 Boss 302 in Kona Blue, it looked great with its white roof and stripes.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Kona Blue is lovely. I had a 2012 Boss 302 in Kona Blue, it looked great with its white roof and stripes.
Nice. I've thought about stripes (and a spoiler, for that matter) but I decided to get the car first to get a better feel for what it needs/doesn't need.

Stripes on the 302 were almost compulsory with that aggressive body-shape though :headbang:

Parko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went for Lightning Blue with spolier, thought about stripes but like you I'll wait till it's here to decide.
Sponsored