2020 GT500 Mustang Drive-By Video and More Pics

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I heard from an insider that the LT1 would get bumped up in power to be the base motor
So, that means that the Camaro will get a bump as well, isn't it?

There will also be a 4.6L Twin-Turbo V8(Z06?) and a 5.4L Twin-Turbo V8(ZR1?).
Triton Engines? :lol:

Those engine sizes make me remember the late 90's F150's engine choices.

DCT only, RWD only.
Makes sense, Transaxle TR9007 only.
Sponsored

Quinten33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, lol
So, that means that the Camaro will get a bump as well, isn't it?

Triton Engines? :lol:

Those engine sizes make me remember the late 90's F150's engine choices.

Makes sense, Transaxle TR9007 only.
According to dealer guides, no power bump for the Camaro. However, a power bump may come for the 2020MY.

And yes, it’ll have a Tremec DCT, but it isn’t confirmed if it’ll use the TR9007 or a new 8-speed DCT that is specifically for the Corvette.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
We already saw how it will look, they will leave that section as it is... they will just paint it in black.
That is going to looks lame.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
According to dealer guides, no power bump for the Camaro. However, a power bump may come for the 2020MY.

And yes, it’ll have a Tremec DCT, but it isn’t confirmed if it’ll use the TR9007 or a new 8-speed DCT that is specifically for the Corvette.
I meant 7th Gen Camaro (I assume it will arrive as a 2022MY like the Mustang)...

Also, 8Speed DCT? Where did you took that information from? inside info?
I'm asking that because I have a friend at GM and they told me about it using a new TREMEC DCT.

I don't think so, it looks cool... look:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2220140&postcount=291

Quinten33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, lol
I meant 7th Gen Camaro (I assume it will arrive as a 2022MY like the Mustang)...

Also, 8Speed DCT? Where did you took that information from? inside info?
I'm asking that because I have a friend at GM and they told me about it using a new TREMEC DCT.

I don't think so, it looks cool... look:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2220140&postcount=291
I think that the 7th gen Camaro would be a 2022MY, but the SS model should utilize a new DOHC V8.

ZERV from CorvetteForum (The CAD drawing leaker) said that it would use a Tremec DCT. The TR9007 is the only DCT Tremec offers that could handle the torque of a Twin-Turbo V8, but Car & Driver claims that the C8 will use a new Tremec 8-speed DCT. So, both ZERV and C&D could be correct.

I wonder if your friend at GM knows something more about the Tremec picture from ZERV that I attached below. When you search “M1L Gamma Readiness Escalation” on google, the only related result is a PDF that’s mostly about the production part approval process(PPAP) and GM global supplier quality. It also has links to GM employee websites. http://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/...ics-Requirements-ISO-TS-16949-26Oct2016-1.pdf
EB458263-A758-402A-8047-8E8676CE3B8A.jpeg
6BFA44FC-7735-45DE-AD84-D61C4D1C5319.jpeg

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I think that the 7th gen Camaro would be a 2022MY, but the SS model should utilize a new DOHC V8.

ZERV from CorvetteForum (The CAD drawing leaker) said that it would use a Tremec DCT. The TR9007 is the only DCT Tremec offers that could handle the torque of a Twin-Turbo V8, but Car & Driver claims that the C8 will use a new Tremec 8-speed DCT. So, both ZERV and C&D could be correct.

I wonder if your friend at GM knows something more about the Tremec picture from ZERV that I attached below. When you search “M1L Gamma Readiness Escalation” on google, the only related result is a PDF that’s mostly about the production part approval process(PPAP) and GM global supplier quality. It also has links to GM employee websites. http://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/...ics-Requirements-ISO-TS-16949-26Oct2016-1.pdf
No idea, the only thing he agreed to tell me is that the ME will use the new TREMEC DCT (he didn’t specified if it was 7 or 8 speed though). It came to the conversation because of the recent pictures of the GT500, he told me “oh, I thought it was going to be TREMEC DCT only like the ME corvette” and then I said whaaaaaat? He just replied “oh, nevermind.... i never said this” :lol:

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Looks are subjective but I wouldn't say lame. Looks like a snake with fangs to me. I'm gonna keep posting this until people stop acting surprised about how this beast will look. The teasers and spy shots are pretty revealing if you add it all up. Plus or minus a few details this is probably about 90% accurate IMO.
SilverGT500finalclean.jpg

Quinten33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, lol
Looks are subjective but I wouldn't say lame. Looks like a snake with fangs to me. I'm gonna keep posting this until people stop acting surprised about how this beast will look. The teasers and spy shots are pretty revealing if you add it all up. Plus or minus a few details this is probably about 90% accurate IMO.
I think that there should be a grille mesh that covers that entire opening and bumper bar. Other than that, I think it’ll look pretty great.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It doesn’t look like that. You’ve posted a photoshopped gt350. The 500 has more finesse to the front. When it is shown in full glory, post them side by side and see how much subtle differences add up.

that thing looks old. The 500 looks very modern and well designed.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn’t look like that. You’ve posted a photoshopped gt350. The 500 has more finesse to the front. When it is shown in full glory, post them side by side and see how much subtle differences add up.

What are you talking about? That is a photoshop someone on here did (I think it may have been Patio208 actually) based on one of the teaser images of the GT500, not a GT350.
1521143945509.jpg

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287

I'm sure others around here know a lot more than I do. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but all I know is what we have all seen. I'm just using logic to fill in the blanks. I'm sure the details will differ, but that's the 10% I cited. Now I could be wrong, but visually I don't see how I could be that far off based on the teasers. There's just not much room left for interpretation the way I see it.

What are you talking about? That is a photoshop someone on here did (I think it may have been Patio208 actually) based on one of the teaser images of the GT500, not a GT350.
Yes, that is a photoshop I did based on a GT350 placeholder. I used the Ford teaser as a reference and inspiration.
105068182-GT500-High-Res.720x405.jpg
Silver500.jpg
2020-GT500-Ford-Mustang1.jpg
SilverGT500finalclean.jpg
ford-shelby-GT350-mustang-designboom01.jpg

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Bro.

Reading comprehension.

That was my point.

And it’s why I said it doesn’t look like that. Because “that” was a fanpic.

The ‘shop in question has to borrow elements from another car to fill in the blanks. I thought it was obvious those elements were from a GT350.

Thanks Patio208 for confirming that. Good job, btw.

Wow.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Bro.

Reading comprehension.

That was my point.

And it’s why I said it doesn’t look like that. Because “that” was a fanpic.

The ‘shop in question has to borrow elements from another car to fill in the blanks. I thought it was obvious those elements were from a GT350.

Thanks Patio208 for confirming that. Good job, btw.

Wow.
Thanks, but I'm confused about this debate. We are splitting hairs here. Ford ain't re-inventing the wheel so to speak. As far as appearances go the GT500 is literally a GT350 with a different bumper, fenders, etc. There is going to be a bit of family resemblance by design right?....I even believe the official Ford teaser is an altered image of the same GT350 pic I used.
Sponsored