Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
“Just needs a regas is already bullshit”. It doesn’t just disappear :shrug:
Well actually the legal regulations for A/C on cars allows up to 20% loss of refrigerant per year, hence the recommendation to get re gassed every two years.

For any home fitted units or industrial factory and shop units etc the regulations allow 0% leakage per year

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just tried the aircon on mine as it’s a warm day, blowing hot air out of all vents, car has been booked in.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Also worth remembering that it is good practice to use the A/C all year round.

It can still be used while the HVAC is set to heat as well as cold, as the name suggests, it conditions the air whether that air into the cabin is hot or cold.

In fact when you get misting inside the car on a cold winter morning, using A/C with HVAC set to hot demists your car far faster.

It also shows up any issues and faults before the nice weather arrives, and also makes sure that the refrigerant is circulated regularly so that seals etc do not dry out causing leaks.

roubleking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 2017 Magnetic Grey
Noticed My air con had failed last week, only had car from new for 6 weeks (and had already had it back in for the seemingly common water ingress through failed grommet in the bulkhead, along with some other minor issues on pick up).

Good service from TC Harrison Peterborough who lent me a Mustang, fixed it within 3 days. Compressor had seized, so replaced, plus new belt, regas etc, all working well now.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Looks like a number of failures are due to the in stock cars sitting around for a few months. Good to hear about a dealer 'stepping up'.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
My car has gone in today, so will see how things go and they have given be this as a courtesy car
1DC86001-542B-49E5-A53B-ED57D9C9AB32.jpeg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
My car has gone in today, so will see how things go and they have given be this as a courtesy car
That's not very courteous. Seeing as Andy Barratt gives Mustangs to people with broken Audis, you should ask for something better if you have it for any length of time.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible Auto Custom
Just back from Lookers, £250 lighter in the wallet.

1. Ford recommend the AC is serviced every two years, but Lookers don't mention it when you book a two year service. Apparently that is my fault.
2. Booked in this morning for any AC service quoted at £50, which includes re-gassing. This is not covered by warranty.
3. Technician discovers that Mustangs use some new-fangled gas in the AC which costs £1000 a canister and has different connections. Lookers didn't know this despite selling them for the last three years.
4. This is all my fault for letting the compressor seals run dry by not using the AC every day.
5. The good news is that is works fine now, so nothing mechanical.
6. It may all happen again in another two years time.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Just back from Lookers, £250 lighter in the wallet.

1. Ford recommend the AC is serviced every two years, but Lookers don't mention it when you book a two year service. Apparently that is my fault.
2. Booked in this morning for any AC service quoted at £50, which includes re-gassing. This is not covered by warranty.
3. Technician discovers that Mustangs use some new-fangled gas in the AC which costs £1000 a canister and has different connections. Lookers didn't know this despite selling them for the last three years.
4. This is all my fault for letting the compressor seals run dry by not using the AC every day.
5. The good news is that is works fine now, so nothing mechanical.
6. It may all happen again in another two years time.
The new-fangled gas has been around since 2012. :ford::frusty:

I should also say that my local Toyota dealer charges £55 for a re-gas, even on the new type. Apparently it needed investment in a new machine (which Kwik Fit and the others haven't shelled out for yet) but they said nothing about the cost of the gas itself.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible Auto Custom
Complained to Lookers and got an apology for the poor response and got my money back.
However, we have to live with expensive gas in the future.

Anyone else had a better price yet?

OP
OP

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Epsom Ford insisted mine just needed a regas £145.00 lighter now.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
well out of the front 5 vents (Two to the side, 3 in the middle), the drivers right side and left side, ar eblowing hot, the other 3 blowing ice cold.

RIP Manders Evap core.

Booked in Tuesday to be looked at. Can't wait to have my dash ripped apart. :@