Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few Beemer fans on here then, what ever floats your boat as they say. As an older gent on here cough,cough my love for BMW faded when they hit the markers with the E36.

An original M3 (E30) is definitely on my Lottery list, great fun watching them in touring and rally car guise back in the 80’s.

I appreciate all good cars, had a few BMW's and still got a long termer, my E46 M3 which is now more a clubsport/track specification, the chassis balance is pretty un-matched on them.

Mustang, 911 GT3, older M3's, older M5's, 6.2l C63's, Aston Martins, Jag V8's, GTR's, Corvettes, Camaros I think they are all incredible cars, plenty I missed too.

I don't deny myself great cars because of badge loyalty, but at the same time it is a proud feeling to be driving a British sports car (SVR).

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Not sure which one I would choose between the Mustang and Lotus - should know more after delivery

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
well take comfort from the fact that City AM rated our Steeda Q500 higher than the Audi RS5, the C63 AMG and the BMW M4 Competition pack.

And then EVO said in their final line of their Q500 online review:

"The Q500 makes a great case for being a Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe or BMW M4 rival, but you can’t get either of the German cars with a naturally aspirated V8, and the C63 isn’t available with a manual gearbox. "

You can read the review here: http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/21075/ford-mustang-steeda-q500-enforcer-review-a-v8-mustang-with-a-european-attitude

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
"Only an update of the 2015..."

Erm...those updates are so significant they pretty much make it a whole different car.

Aa for rivals being better, what rivals? Show me what else you can get for that money and I'll show you a car most people wouldn't even glance at never mind stare and drool over like the Mustang.

Useless reviewer is useless.
Thats the way I see it..its only a refresh of my s550..sounds like too many are watching Stangmode on youtube.."buy an 18mustang and beat a Hellcat".

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats the way I see it..its only a refresh of my s550..sounds like too many are watching Stangmode on youtube.."buy an 18mustang and beat a Hellcat".
If it was just a facelift and digital dash, I'd agree.

But the engine is revised, gen3 coyote, both new manual and automatic transmissions. Complete new suspension setup if selecting mag ride.

Its quite a bit more than a basic refresh, its quite a big over haul.

The performance stats kind of prove that.

MY15-17 A6 in testing by reviewers was seeing around 13.1-13.3@107mph quarter miles.
MY18 A10 in testing by reviewers is seeing around 11.9-12.4@117mph quarter miles.

Manual VS manual is also quite an improvement at around 12.6@114mph, the 18 is a far more accomplished car when it comes to power plant, tranmission and suspension with mag ride.

Its only to the unknown that it looks like a basic refresh as exterior looks are very similar and the interior is largely un-changed. But the performance is in another league, in fact the performance difference is not far off what the difference use to be between the old EB and GT, when you compare old GT A6 to new GT A10, its vastly quicker, 0-100mph in about 8.3s compared to nearly 11s, of course most of the improvement comes from the transmission update rather than outright engine power, but both combined makes the 18 a considerably quicker car in the real world.

As such I agree with Tony its no minor refresh, its like a different car.
Plus the 18 sounds epic out the showroom, the MY15-17 sounded well quiet, we all were fitting exhaust within 48hrs of ownership, well I was! :D
Sponsored