Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Will these fit on the ohlins r&t or other c/o’s?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's Dual Rate Comp Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)
Our front dual rate springs are not compatible with coil overs in the front. On our T1 we run the Steeda Dual rate in the rear and our coilover setup in the front. This combination has proven to keep the rear planted under hard braking! We use the coil over set up in the front to do corner balance and different spring rates for different tracks As a proven winner in SCCA National and SAARC competition!
palm beach 2.jpg

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Ultimate Handling springs

Hi Everyone, just wanted to let you know we have a new Lower retail price of 279.95!
dual rate 1.jpg

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
I just bought dual rate springs and the adjustable pro action dampers from another Mustang owner who ended up not putting them on his car, I will also be getting the rear shock mounts and bump stops from Steeda, does anyone have a setting recommendation for the adjustable shocks/struts that's best on the street and rarely sees a track day?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought dual rate springs and the adjustable pro action dampers from another Mustang owner who ended up not putting them on his car, I will also be getting the rear shock mounts and bump stops from Steeda, does anyone have a setting recommendation for the adjustable shocks/struts that's best on the street and rarely sees a track day?
I just rode in our Steeda Mustang with the dual rate springs & the adjustable shocks & struts. We were on the softest setting & the car handled very well & the ride quality was just as good.

Start on the softest setting & play around with the adjustments until you are very comfortable ... but you may not want to leave where you start from!

By the way ... you made a great choice!

TJ

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
IStart on the softest setting & play around with the adjustments until you are very comfortable
This ↑↑↑

Don't be afraid to try different settings front vs rear either.

Norm

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have these springs. On the street I run 1/4" turn from soft, front and back. On the track, I typically am 1.5 turns in the front and 1 in the back these days. Always reset the adjuster to 0 (full soft) before adjusting to another setting. I have run 2 turns front and back on track and got my best times. You'd think I'd continue doing that... I'm just too tired at the end of the track day and don't want a setting I'll have to adjust in order to drive home. 2 turns is not super great for the street - gets stiff on concrete joints and what not. 2 turns was great with softer springs, but these springs are already nice and tight! :)

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So these springs are 350 lbs at curb and normal driving until you start taking corners than the 220 lbs dual rate will kick in correct?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So these springs are 350 lbs at curb and normal driving until you start taking corners than the 220 lbs dual rate will kick in correct?
The 220 rate only kicks in on the inboard side, and only when the inboard suspension unloads and extends enough to start letting the closely spaced coils go out of coil bind (IOW, when they stop being a solid spacer and go back to being separate spring coils). On the outboard side, the springs just go deeper into the zone where the rate is 350.

Norm

Last edited:

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I run around at about 1 turn from soft.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The 220 rate only kicks in on the inboard side, and only when the inboard suspension unloads and extends enough to start letting the closely spaced coils go out of coil bind (IOW, when they stop being a solid spacer and go back to being separate spring coils). On the outboard side, the springs just go deeper into the zone where the rate is 350.

Nor
As far as driving straight down the road what is the working rate on the springs?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
As far as driving straight down the road what is the working rate on the springs?
Should be 350 more than 50% of the time but less than 100% of the time (even on a road that's nominally flat and level). There is more suspension movement actually happening than you'd guess from sitting inside. Watch the tire to fender gaps vary on other cars in traffic sometime. Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers/etc., if possible.

Norm

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Driving along the road with good dampers the car is tight but tame. If you have upgraded bushings to bearings you'll feel the road more than softer springs, sure.

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
I appreciate everyone's input, I'll start at full soft and then try wildcatgoal's suggestion and keep going from there.

Last edited:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Mine will be here tomorrow. Only front. Going to install it on the Shelby.
Sponsored