Sponsored

Air Filter Efficiency

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My son's '17 GT has a Ford Performance Power Pack 2 consisting of factory GT350 CAI and throttlebody along with the requisite tune. It's been on for maybe 5000 miles so yesterday I removed the filter to shake it out. It looked fine with normal discoloration but zero buildup. However I was surprised to see a film of very fine powdery dust covering the bellmouth of the intake tube. As a comparison I removed the dry JLT filter which I've had on my car for about 10,000 miles. I swiped the tube with my finger and found absolutely nothing. Just to be sure i wiped the entire inner surface of the intake tube with a piece of white toilet paper and it remained clean enough to put back in the bathroom. Score one for JLT.
Sponsored

extrachrispy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red w/black OTT, conv. pkg.
My son's '17 GT has a Ford Performance Power Pack 2 consisting of factory GT350 CAI and throttlebody along with the requisite tune. It's been on for maybe 5000 miles so yesterday I removed the filter to shake it out. It looked fine with normal discoloration but zero buildup. However I was surprised to see a film of very fine powdery dust covering the bellmouth of the intake tube. As a comparison I removed the dry JLT filter which I've had on my car for about 10,000 miles. I swiped the tube with my finger and found absolutely nothing. Just to be sure i wiped the entire inner surface of the intake tube with a piece of white toilet paper and it remained clean enough to put back in the bathroom. Score one for JLT.
Will that JLT filter fit the stock Ford CAI, or do you have to buy the JLT CAI? If the former, what part number?

Thanks.

OP
OP

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
JLT filter only fits their intake tube and consequently requires a tune.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The factory GT350 air filter seems to be kinda meh. I replaced mine with the Ford Performance replacement by Airaid. My OEM one was alarmingly dirty after 13,000 miles. Also with the Airaid filter...I swear my car is louder now too. Out of all people I almost always say say stuff like that is a placebo or just a bad perception but this time I think it's reality.
Sponsored