Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Are those aluminum? If so, with the 150 ft/lb recommended torque setting, that would scare the shit out of me at 1G+.
Yes they're aluminum. I should have probably put anti-seize on when installing them.

Good question about track-use. I know they are used on the track but not for long periods of time (ie, they get replaced often)
Sponsored

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Nothing to exciting but car is wrapped now. Did full front, mirrors and in front and behind the rear tires.
IMG_1634.JPG

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Drove the hell out of the car sunday on the mountains and fully regretted it because I was sick and just wanted to get home. I took a cool picture of it before I went home and remained in bed until this morning.
33146538_167060337302649_916109076763508736_n.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Drove the hell out of the car sunday on the mountains and fully regretted it because I was sick and just wanted to get home. I took a cool picture of it before I went home and remained in bed until this morning.
Darn you and your camera skills!

Looks good! :)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Fun with some bad phone pics and Lightroom today. Making lemonade out of lemons. Sort of did a Ye Olde timey and a grainy old magazine version. The photos were piss poor, but I found a way to make them interesting.
Wild West.jpg
Grain.jpg

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Yes they're aluminum. I should have probably put anti-seize on when installing them.

Good question about track-use. I know they are used on the track but not for long periods of time (ie, they get replaced often)
You didn't put antisieze on them? I would. Cold welded nuts are no fun especially if it's on your wheels.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Purchased a set of wildlife horns (deer whistles) and installed under front factory splitter. Nice flat area to stick to,not noticeable.
Need to find a deer beside the road and see if their ears turn.
I haven't had a close encounter with a deer since I put mine on. Spotted a few running away from the road, so maybe they work. I figured for the price, I had nothing to lose by sticking them on. Mine are on top of my bumper; they wouldn't survive winter here if I put them under the splitter.

Prabzez_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Lug nut photo never came thru (imgur is garbage). Here are some pix. Love the contrast of the red on the bronze + the brembo caliper color.

Still need to figure out what to do about the big ass dust cap that is preventing me from using a center cap.
Have you tried a 3mm spacer?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to let the group know ... we are having our Memorial Day Sale, savings up to 30% off.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

Mustang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona pp gt vert on order
Your car looks great. Your pics are awesome. Keep it up. Can’t wait for my 19.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Just for peace of mind had rear wheels off and checked Torque on 'Rear Axle-Spindle Retaining Nuts', all good !

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Damn it HISSMAN. Why can't I be cool as you?

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Oil Traps

Did an oil change today (do it every 4k). Work at a Ford Dealership so it makes it easy to use a rack. I reacently installed a GT350 intake manifold, new throttle body and CAI with custom tune from Lund Racing (thanks John and Jon). I also installed a left and right oil trap setup from Ford Racing. After 2,000 miles, the passenger side had about an 1/8th inch of oil on the bottom and the driver’s side was dry!
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvEz7tf3EcECjRYDZKs3dmPwJr9J
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvEz7tf3EcECjRVqVcOFysQYMkEt
Sponsored