Sponsored

JR 101 Kona Blue Home

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Damn! Im normally not a Kona fan (From the 10-12 GT500) but the white stripes and the S550 chassis make it look amazing. Congrats on the R. You're going to love it!

Make sure the dealer takes out the shipping spacers!

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
You cant beat that deal!!

You almost had to take it.

Especially an R at sticker.

Big Congrats.
What is funny I only went to look at it since I wanted to see the color. They had the car marked up 30K salesman came over and asked if I like it and told him yes at sticker only not 1 dollar more. After 4 days of phone tag and holding my ground got it done and jumped.

The regular 350 is a great vehicle and is probably truly more civil and easier to drive with the smaller front splitter certainly being more cautious with this one and starting to get into the habit of backing into parking spaces. But this car just has a presence about it!

I like the 17 key fobs better though this thing is big. I think the car-play maybe slightly different since it reads texts via Bluetooth now my 17 did not do that unless the cable was connected. Also the Sirius antenna is great lt improved does not drop out every were like the 17 did.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
What is funny I only went to look at it since I wanted to see the color. They had the car marked up 30K salesman came over and asked if I like it and told him yes at sticker only not 1 dollar more. After 4 days of phone tag and holding my ground got it done and jumped.

The regular 350 is a great vehicle and is probably truly more civil and easier to drive with the smaller front splitter certainly being more cautious with this one and starting to get into the habit of backing into parking spaces. But this car just has a presence about it!

I like the 17 key fobs better though this thing is big. I think the car-play maybe slightly different since it reads texts via Bluetooth now my 17 did not do that unless the cable was connected. Also the Sirius antenna is great lt improved does not drop out every were like the 17 did.
Great story.

The dealers around me are a-holes when it comes to R's. One actually kept going up in price as the car was anticipated until arrival... Started at "We're asking $20K over" up until the day it arrived, when it arrived they had it on their website for $30K over, and when I stopped to look it over and maybe make a deal they were at $40K over. LMAO. They did the whole "lets sit in my office and talk" I just walked. Salesman wanted to know why I walked :shrug:. No way I was going to start trying to deal with them with those tactics.

The car sat for at least 6 weeks and they were at $10K by that point (not sure what it sold for).

I'm always glad to see that others are getting fair deals, I just wish this could happen around me. :D

Sponsored

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP

Great story and glad it all worked out your way,
especially when it seems like it was somewhat unexpected!

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
Sweet ride very jealous I'm looking for a r in kona with black stripes.Best of luck again sweet ride enjoy.

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Kona is looking awesome on the R! Wonder if the regular GT350 looks as good?

Also, can you negotiate for me? That has to feel like you robbed a bank.
Congrats, that's fantastic.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
came out like a bandit!! congrats OP:cheers:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Great looking color on that R, and great deal!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Great story.

The dealers around me are a-holes when it comes to R's. One actually kept going up in price as the car was anticipated until arrival... Started at "We're asking $20K over" up until the day it arrived, when it arrived they had it on their website for $30K over, and when I stopped to look it over and maybe make a deal they were at $40K over. LMAO. They did the whole "lets sit in my office and talk" I just walked. Salesman wanted to know why I walked :shrug:. No way I was going to start trying to deal with them with those tactics.

The car sat for at least 6 weeks and they were at $10K by that point (not sure what it sold for).

I'm always glad to see that others are getting fair deals, I just wish this could happen around me. :D
You did ok.

Offboost:

Congrats on your R. You will enjoy the hell out of it!

Welcome to the club

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You did ok.

Offboost:

Congrats on your R. You will enjoy the hell out of it!

Welcome to the club
The one thing your missing from my statement- "The dealers around me". ;) I did OK only because I worked my butt off to find my deal and I was lucky to get what I did.

I feel lucky to have a good relationship with a dealership now, however.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The one thing your missing from my statement- "The dealers around me". ;) I did OK only because I worked my butt off to find my deal and I was lucky to get what I did.

I feel lucky to have a good relationship with a dealership now, however.
You did ok. Its all good. Soon it will be yours.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I think the car-play maybe slightly different since it reads texts via Bluetooth now my 17 did not do that unless the cable was connected. Also the Sirius antenna is great lt improved does not drop out every were like the 17 did.
That's strange, my '16 Track Pack (w/ lowly lightweight non-touch screen electronics) reads my text msgs just fine via Bluetooth. Anyway, a moot point since it's all good on your '18 R, enjoy!
Sponsored