Another Predator Engine Pic

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok inside guys speaking in code. What is MP1? When are you guys thinking I can..

1. Order the car
2. Get the car

Confused!
MP1 is when they begin the ramp up to full production rate. They're customer cars. My GT is an MP1 car :)

1. Probably Fall of this year
2. Spring of next year
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
MP1 is when they begin the ramp up to full production rate. They're customer cars. My GT is an MP1 car :)

2. Spring of next year
Thanks Bmac. That is not as horrible as I thought. If you are thinking we can order this Fall would that not mean we should be seeing the actual car fairly soon? I seems like the new 2018 Mustang was shown quite a while before order banks opened?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bmac. That is not as horrible as I thought. If you are thinking we can order this Fall would that not mean we should be seeing the actual car fairly soon? I seems like the new 2018 Mustang was shown quite a while before order banks opened?
Reveal of the 18 was last January. IIRC order banks opened in June? I'd expect an actual reveal in the March-April time frame, maybe May.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Ok inside guys speaking in code. What is MP1? When are you guys thinking I can..

1. Order the car
2. Get the car

Confused!
I would say:
1. Winter 2018
2. Spring 2019

2. Spring of next year
MP1 Literally means “Mass Production 1” and it’s exactly what BmacIL said. My mother’s Escape is not even MP1, it’s a PP (Pilot Production) Hahahaha I don’t trust either PP or MP1 Cars

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
That is exciting then. Not far off at all. I really appreciate you guys giving all this info. We would be in the dark otherwise.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
2018MY is not the last year of the GT350, you will see....

And I’m implying that those “GT500” that are out right now are not a proper GT500 but more like modified mules. The Vehicle Prototype developing phase has not arrived just yet (it won’t be happening til spring).
We'll see...if they do it will only be to fill in the gap till the 500 arrives.

Can confirm. VP (Verification Prototype) build cars are being built soon. Won't be on the road till spring.
At least the two of you agree on this. But, I've heard theres some very complete cars hanging around ford performance. Regardless, the car is done from a design aspect. We (or others) know exactly what the car looks like.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I'd never sell an R for this thing, personally. The R is incredibly special but in a very different way. Both are amazing.
100% The R is damn near perfection. If you dont understand that, then I dont know what will make you happy. The R will only continue to climb in desirability.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would say:
1. Winter 2018
2. Spring 2019

MP1 Literally means “Mass Production 1” and it’s exactly what BmacIL said. My mother’s Escape is not even MP1, it’s a PP (Pilot Production) Hahahaha I don’t trust either PP or MP1 Cars
One upside to getting an MP1 car: they get combed over and all kinds of eyes on them. Mine has been fantastic and all the panels fit extremely well. Almost 54k miles. No problems.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Just a thought. Any chance we will see a GT500 super bowl commercial? Would be a huge audience? Would be cool way to get it out.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
One upside to getting an MP1 car: they get combed over and all kinds of eyes on them. Mine has been fantastic and all the panels fit extremely well. Almost 54k miles. No problems.
How would you know a car is MP1? What's after that?

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
still a long ways out. should be able to gather a couple hundred DCTs for a '19 MY short run for executives.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How would you know a car is MP1? What's after that?
Well I knew the MP1 date and have the build report for my car. I had a door replaced! If it's built within a month or so of J1, it's MP1 or MP2.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought. Any chance we will see a GT500 super bowl commercial? Would be a huge audience? Would be cool way to get it out.
Guess we'll see how clever marketing is.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
So if there is a 2019MY GT350, maybe there's a chance it'll be available with the new DCT... :hail:
Sponsored