Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Rats. I got an email with my estimate and fifteen minutes later a call from the dealer asking whether I wanted to just bring it in for an estimate when my car arrives.

I've tried all the reported triggers and no joy for me. Maybe I should try a different email address. Maybe my wife should check the trade-in value of her Mazda6. :ninja:
Me too....emails and calls...no coupon. Maybe the trigger is what you put in to trade and what you say you are interested in. It's a $750 mystery!
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Mine had 15. If it had the A10 then, regardless of what Ford wants to admit, it had to have the recall downloaded, applied, and tested before releasing them for shipment. This involved driving the vehicle from storage to where patch was applied and then driven to confirm the update was installed correctly. This was the explanation I received from my local dealer, but I didn’t believe it 100% until I saw others with that starting mileage as well.

Makes sense though because the Ford press release said all cars produced after a certain date didn’t have the recall. If it affected all cars and the updated needed to be applied after production it would make sense to not let the “retail orders” be aware of that fact so as to not make them cancel.
13 mi on mine when I picked it up.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Me too....emails and calls...no coupon. Maybe the trigger is what you put in to trade and what you say you are interested in. It's a $750 mystery!
That's what I did. put in trade info for a fake car and submitted it, chose the 2018 mustang as my interested vehicle.

After I got the trade estimate email I received a separate one from ford for $750 private cash on a 2018 Mustang.

I did get an email from a salesguy (from the same dealership where I already have an order on file) asking me to come in and look at cars. I told him sorry for the confusion and explained that I was just messing with the trade in calculator.

RJD25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Rats. I got an email with my estimate and fifteen minutes later a call from the dealer asking whether I wanted to just bring it in for an estimate when my car arrives.

I've tried all the reported triggers and no joy for me. Maybe I should try a different email address. Maybe my wife should check the trade-in value of her Mazda6. :ninja:
Yes I used a different email address...I had already ordered a car so I assume my current address and email were already on file with Ford. I changed my name slightly, used my work address and email, and submitted the trade-in inquiry. My office is also in a different city so the system didn't flag the dealer where I ordered from, however the coupon says you can take it to any Ford dealer. A few minutes later I received the offer in my work email.

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
I received a $1000 private cash offer this morning for being a First Responder.

Cant be combined with other private, conquest or commercial offers, including $500 First Responder Program. Is A/Z/D/X-Plan eligible. Is transferable within household, from business to business owner and from business owner to business.

I'd like to use it for the new Ranger but that wont be released until much later in the year. That said, I cant use it.

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I found a local car that is EXACTLY what I ordered except a manual instead of the 10A. There's currently a $1,500 rebate they said I can use with X-plan + $500 off for military.
Unless I get a VIN tomorrow, I'm seriously considering going this route. I was surprised they would give me the rebate with X-Plan.

chunter415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2019 F150
I found a local car that is EXACTLY what I ordered except a manual instead of the 10A. There's currently a $1,500 rebate they said I can use with X-plan + $500 off for military.
Unless I get a VIN tomorrow, I'm seriously considering going this route. I was surprised they would give me the rebate with X-Plan.
Last week I picked up my special order 18 GT with X Plan and they gave me the $1500. Not sure if its by dealer choice or not, but I'm signed and delivered.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
X-plan is compatible with all rebates. It's only A/Z/D plans that usually void them.

Try to get that $750 trade-in estimator private offer, too.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet, for some reason I thought these rebates weren't available with X-Plan. I'll try the trade estimator too. Thanks guys!

Yeah- life is too short! I didn't care for the MT in the 17 much, it's tough to tell where the engagement is, but I've heard the 18s are a lot better. Will definitely test drive it first.

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Quick and probably stupid question. What is xplan and how do I make one

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick and probably stupid question. What is xplan and how do I make one
It's a "partner" discount for being a member of certain organizations. Some guys join some Mustang club to be eligible. I'm a member of Disabled American Vets to get mine.

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How much does xplan pricing take off

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
Ordered Today

Just ordered my 2018 GT PP today, Royal Crimson, with all the bells and whistles. :) :) Trading in my 2014 V6 MCA edition.

Thanks to all who put together the great info on how to track the order. I am sure I will be using it a lot over the next few weeks (months?)

Gary

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Now available for the 2018 Mustang - the Steeda Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter:

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Tri-Ax-Race-Short-Throw-Shifter-2018_p_14130.html

steeda-s550-mustang-gt-mt-82-tri-ax-race-short-throw-shifter-15-16-gt-555-3717-00.jpg

30% throw reduction
20% lighter than the competition
Eliminates slop and shifter deflection
Shift knob sits 1" lower for ideal 'power shifting' position
Top-loaded installation with adjustable springs, in-car assembly
Retains factory pull-up reverse lockout, OE thread pitch, and back-up camera functionality
Includes Steeda's Shifter Base Bushing Bracket
Precision-fit bushings for a direct positive feeling shift
Lifetime Steeda warranty
Made in the USA

TJ
Sponsored